My first green laser pointer- very happy with it!

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my first green laser pointer yesterday from http://www.z-bolt.com/ Beam of Light Technologies

The one I got is the BTG - 6 Plus . It's a < 5 mW unit that's factory tuned for 4.8 - 5 mW output. For someone who has had only a red laser pointer purchased many years ago when they first became affordable, this thing is unbelievable! I can see the beam outside (inside too) at night even when viewing it from the side. I can't believe how bright this thing is! It's a very high quality laser as far as the design and machining- doesn't look like a cheapie at all like some of the red laser pointers on the market now.

I looked at the higher power (15, 25 and 35 mW) units from several websites, but I didn't really need a burner, and besides, I wouldn't want to have to hand out goggles to everyone when using the higher powered units inside. :D

I haven't seen z-bolt mentioned much on CPF. Has anyone else had good luck with lasers from them? I had excellent service and fast delivery from them- placed the order on Sunday, shipped on Monday, received on Friday. Oh yeah, they threw in a free red laser pointer as well. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

nero_design

Enlightened
I found Z-Bolt hard to deal with some time back. Unanswered emails and of those which eventually were responded to there was a feeling of a reluctance to assist. My opinion at the time was that they ordered their lasers in bulk and were waiting to complete a bulk number large enough for them to place an order with the supplier. This was a couple of years ago but the experience made me move on. I'm sure it's probably a different place nowdays.

They do sell a NICE underwater laser at the moment that catches my eye.