AUCTION: 24k gold SPY005 "goldfinger"

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
This gold plated SPY005 is now up for auction right here on CPF. The proceeds are all going to CPF (see note below). If you want to place a bid please post to this thread the amount of US$ that you want to bid. The opening bid starts at $1.00 (one dollar). Bidding stops at 9:00 PM Eastern time Friday.

HV1T0028s.jpg

This is a fully functioning 005 with STFu and a Seoul. It's body came from the first production run of 005's. The gold plating that was done by modamag is 24k. That is very pretty but it scratches very easily, even if handled.

This auction will end on Friday (10-26-2007) evening at 9:00PM eastern time. The time of the post is the deciding factor. If you post after 9:00 PM on Friday, your bid will not be valid. The CPF clock is what matters for this auction. If the two top bidders bid the same amount, the first to post wins. Any other disputes will be decided by yours truly. Payment can be sent as a check or you can use PayPal.

As you know, I wanted Sasha to have this gold SPY however, I am respecting the results of the CPF vote and I know this light is not the most practical. If this auction goes high enough, I may elect to swap out some of the proceeds from this auction for one of the S&D SPYs I have saved so Sasha can have one. The S&D light's value is set at $325. If I choose to do this it will be swapped out at even money. If Sasha decides she wants to sell the S&D that is her prerogative. I will not mind. To say this another way; Sasha will end up with all the money from this auction or she will end up with that amount minus $325 plus one S&D 005.

Start your bidding! :tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
This 005's body and bat cap is actually made from 7075-T6 aluminum. That is how it came to be gold too. It originally went in for anodizing with the other bodies that were all 6061-T6. Oops, that does not work to well, came back not very smooth. So I put it aside for another day. Then when modamag offered to turn stuff into gold I said, "what better, a 7075 gold spy!" Only one on the planet!

See this thread for results of the vote.

HV1T0025b.JPG

HV1T0033s.jpg

HV1T0021.JPG

HV1T9995s.jpg

HV1T0133s.jpg

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, as I am a huge SPY "fan", (see avatar), Bid

$200 to start !!

jeffb

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boys, BOYS!!!!! :poke: Easy now since we have until Friday! :shakehead ROOKIES! :welcome: Just remember who saw "Goldfinger" and posted first! :whistle:

:devil: ;)
Ken

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lordy but that was a LARGE jump in auction price!!! I will have to see if my house can be re-mortgaged to go near this one!:(

Karl

Darell

Flashaholic
I hesitate (though obviously didn't manage to avoid) posting a non-bid. But simply had to mention that if there were every a reason to use the word "bling" this is it.

BLING.

Awesome offering, Dave! :thumbsup:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
:caution:Make sure you google CPF only or you will get words that are banned on CPF:devil:
Google it.

BTW, are the head and knob gold-plated also?

Can't keep my eyes off of that Gold Finger flashlight!:twothumbsOh yeah, Bid: $550