Data Bank 70

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
One day I was sitting looking at a bunch of Cree LEDs on my bench and wondering, "what can I do with these?" So off I went trying to make something worthy of the black hole.

The Data Bank 70 uses A123 Systems M1 batteries and aspheric collector lenses. The battery packs are made from Mag 4C tubes. The aluminum plate weighed in at 9lb after machining. It is all one piece of aluminum.

Power Specs:

70 Cree XRE P and Q bin white LEDs
each LED driven at 1800mA
total power of panel just under 500W
LEDs are three in series to the battery pack
there are two packs of batteries
each pack has normal voltage of 13.2V
33+1 LEDs on battery pack 1 (single LED on an STFu)
36 LEDs on battery pack 2
each pack of batteries is 4 A123 bats in series
each pack of batteries is running over 20A
run time is about 5 to 10 minutes

HV1T0111.JPG

HV1T0112.JPG

HV1T0120.JPG

HV1T0113s.jpg

HV1T0099s.jpg

HV1T0124.JPG

HV1T0125.JPG

HV1T0129b.jpg

PF9 pics

IMG_1961.jpg

Data and Stan671.3
IMG_1969.jpg

img-pf9-living-data-bank.jpg

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data.... you're nutz! You realize that don't you? :crackup:

Holy cow that thing is amazing. I'm sorry I missed it at PF9. I'll have to get out to your shop one of these weekends. Keep the beer cold.:nana:

MSax

Gizzy

Newly Enlightened
Now that's cool. You gonna put a pocket clip in this one? :crackup:

heheheh:D:laughing:
Probably more like backpack mod...or chest-strap mod lol:nana: Is that a beam of light shooting out of your chest...or are you just happy to see me:crackup:

The UFO...was responding to the DB-70 and landed in the quarry...they scooped up David and after some *cough* testing *cough*:devil: they replaced his brain with a positronic one lol...Spy output should be increased by about 50x now hehe

Hey bro I hope you found a use for the UCS stick ^_^

Walt175

Enlightened
It was very amazing! You should have been there Dave.
I believe I had the Honor of being the first person to be blasted in the face by the Data Bank 70. I finally have my place in history. :devil:

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
I believe I had the Honor of being the first person to be blasted in the face by the Data Bank 70. I finally have my place in history. :devil:

Walt is right it was amazing ! you have to see it in person to understand how bright it is.

I can't wait for PF10 when Data brings the Data bank 140 :D

jcompton

Enlightened

:thumbsup:

Later on I took a shot to the face in DB35 mode (I think the batteries in the first tube needed replacing). Not pleasant, but I'm sure it was nowhere near as intense as what you experienced Walt! This work of art is definitely a sight to behold, just better if you are not directly in front when it is powered up. :eek:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL, in my defense, I did tell you to close your eyes! ;)

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I was wonderin' when this thread was gonna start! :rock:

How do you get into candle mode? :thinking:

:) john

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, what's the battery life on this one?

Do you need something like Gatling-gun or battery belt feeder?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
heheheh:D:laughing:
Probably more like backpack mod...or chest-strap mod lol:nana: Is that a beam of light shooting out of your chest...or are you just happy to see me:crackup:

The UFO...was responding to the DB-70 and landed in the quarry...they scooped up David and after some *cough* testing *cough*:devil: they replaced his brain with a positronic one lol...Spy output should be increased by about 50x now hehe

Hey bro I hope you found a use for the UCS stick ^_^

Thanks for the UCS stick, it will come in handy. I put it right in my small tools toolbox. :)