theLIGHTsite Review Samples Policy

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but regarding samples submitted to you or any of the other reviewers... Has anyone considered that a review sample might be a hand-picked or even finely-tuned example of the product, and therefore not necessairly representative of the product?

Maybe it doesn't even really matter that much and/or there is little that could be done to avoid it, but I was just curious what the prevailing opinion is about this possibility.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lurker,

OH Yes. Very aware of the possibility. This is why I always say, "The more reviews the better!"

I can only speak for myself, but since my site results in no income for me whatsoever, I cannot afford to go out and buy all of the lights off retail shelves like Consumer Reports does.

Usually I check CPF and other reviewers to see if there are any serious discrepencies between with what I've found and what everyone else has found before I publish, if other reviews are available. If there's something really wrong or unusual, I usually add a comment about it in the review.

Which reminds me, the first CMG reactor I received was an exceptional one, but I don't believe it was hand picked because it was CRACKED and had to be returned... Luck of the draw! I need to update the page with that information - I thought I had already but your comment made me check - Thanks!

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info, Quickbeam. I really appreciate all the work you have done to provide all those useful reviews. Great job.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sounds great! i can just imagine someone sending you a nasty e-mail saying they didn't know you were going to post bad things about their product on the internet, then sueing you...