Girlfriend bought me Coleman's "exponent" 3xCR123 CREE led lantern - advice please.

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Girlfriend bought me Coleman's "exponent" 3xCR123 CREE led lantern - advice please.

Hey guys,

Today is our six month mark and we're getting married in the spring. Now, she promised me a new Magpul Masada rifle for a wedding gift, but for now she delighted me with my Coleman "exponent" single CREE, 3x123 pack-away lantern and boy is it bright and handy.

My question to you is can I upgrade this with a Q5 or an R2 when they come out and how easy is the process (for those of you who own them should know)? I'm really impressed with the output, but I want to strive for better and the LED is completely exposed and it looks like it can't be too hard.

Also, a suggestion... I made my girl a Word document with the things I want to acquire eventually. This includes, knives, flashlights, guns, straight razors and accessories for these things. This is how she knew to get me the Coleman, as I told her, "Anything you pick off this list, I will love." It's a guaranteed system for great gifts and it makes it easy for her. In exchange she got 72 roses, 12 Gerer Daisies, and other miscellaneous flowers in about twenty vases decorating her office of which I set up late last night after I left her for the night... oh yeah... :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Ryan

Blacklight

Enlightened
Re: Girlfriend bought me Coleman's "exponent" 3xCR123 CREE led lantern - advice pleas

it's going to be very difficult, parts are glued.

GreySave

Enlightened
Re: Girlfriend bought me Coleman's "exponent" 3xCR123 CREE led lantern - advice pleas

Cannot help you with the disassembly, but isn't that a sweet little lantern? There may be areas for improvement depending upon everyone's taste, but the output for the size of the footprint is great and it is SO easy to store and carry when closed. The one I have is currently in my jump kit and may well see use during an exercise tomorrow.

gearbox

Newly Enlightened

You're getting married after 6 months?

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a gift.

Leave it 100% standard, and use it as-is.

Inferno

Newly Enlightened

She's buying him flashlights and guns; I would have tied the knot with a girl like that sooner!

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

I've known her for a decade now and she's my best friend's sister. She's the one... hehehehe.

And I tried the Coleman for the first time last night... WOW!!!! I was more impressed with that than my Fenix lights.

So, I take it these things are hard to mod? Anyways, I'll keep it as is...

Thanks guys...
Ryan

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys,
Today is our six month mark and we're getting married in the spring. Now, she promised me a new Magpul Masada rifle for a wedding gift, but for now she delighted me with my Coleman "exponent" single CREE, 3x123 pack-away lantern and boy is it bright and handy.
Thanks,
Ryan

Your getting a Magpul Masada as a wedding present, that rocks. But when are the coming out I haven't heard anything about a production date yet. Or do you have inside information?

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

depusm12,

They're coming out Spring '08. Don't have exact date, but like I said, I saw the cover of a magazine with the article, read it, and have been hooked on the thing ever since. It's just practical and it shouldn't have taken this long to design something like it.

I foresee the next thing possibly being a rifle like the Masada that uses a pistol for the base that has the ability to add the "rifle" part to it. Like having a Glock, then attaching the rifle part...

Anyways though... the Masada is going to be sweet! I'm hopefully getting that and a Chris Reeve large Sebenza (best production knife available).

Ryan

P.S. Just search for it on Google and you'll see forums pop up with info in them about it...

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm thinking about getting a Masada myself , I think its a intersting rifle. Unless somebody comes out with a nice HK type 5.56 type carbine first.

greenstuffs

Banned

I'd just leave it as it is, my GF buys me ugly clothing yet i still wear it :)

BT132435

Newly Enlightened

What the hell... a gun like that is legal?

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

What the hell... a gun like that is legal?

What gun were you referring to? If you're referring to the Masada, yes, it is... and it's sweet! It's meant to be, "the people's gun" by the owner of Magpul.

All who haven't checked it out in detail, it would behoove you to do so. I was going to by a POF or a LWRC m4 type, but since I've seen the Magpul Masada, the only wish I have s that they make a 6.5 Grendel version of it. That cartridge has a lot of promise and I'd like to see it more accepted, especially by my boss... good 'ole Uncle Sam and the Big Green Machine.

Regards,
Ryan

BT132435

Newly Enlightened

I gotta move out of NYC then XD, everything is illegal here