Surefire L1 LumaMax

Malcolm47

Newly Enlightened
Where is the cheapest place to buy a Surefire L1 LumaMax? What is your opinion on this flashlight? Thanks for any info...............Malcolm

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the cheapest, but I believe the best is BatteryJunction.com. You get free shipping on Surefire lights, 8 free batteries with the L1, and a 5% CPF discount when you enter the code CPF2007 at check out. Great people with A#1 customer service.

The L1 I like for the rugged feel. The knurling is like none other I have felt, that is except for my other Surefire's. It is like velcro that attaches itself to your hand. The engineering and machining that goes into this thing is just simply amazing. I love the simplicity of the switch with its two levels of either momentary or constant on. The size is perfect for either pocket, lanyard, or holster carry. It has good run time for a single cell light. The output is just amazing, and equals the output of my 120P. Although I don't like to abuse my lights, I feel this little gem could take a lot of abuse and just keep on trucking with no problem. And, if it does ever have a problem, Surefire backs it up with one of the best warranty's in the industry. I highly recommend this light....Not only as an EDC, but as a tool that you will be able to depend on for years to come.

Rob

Last edited:

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire requires their dealers to sell at suggested retail, so I don't think you're going to find them for anything but $135. But as has been mentioned, Battery Junction is throwing in batteries, as are several other retailers. They're Tenergy batteries in BJs case.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact OpticsHQ for a price request including shipping. Tell them you are from CPF! It's a great place to buy from. I bought 3 SureFire from them. I'm from Canada.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Type in Surefire L1 into Google Search-CPF only at top of every CPF page. Dozens of threads, tens of thousands words written about Surefire L1. Welcome to CPF.

Bill

arty

Enlightened
Has anyone taken LUX readings on high and low for the new L1? Any cp readings?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Has anyone taken LUX readings on high and low for the new L1? Any cp readings?

I don't have the ability to measure output, other than in a comparative sense. By that, I mean that I can tell you there's more light coming out of the front of a Novatac on max then there is coming from the front of the L1 on high. It should be noted that I only have one of each of these lights to compare.