Looking for a low mw greenie

Secur1

Enlightened
Hi ppl :)

So far i've had my fair share of crappy cheap red lasers in many shapes and sizes, mainly using small "pill" cells in series 3-4.

Now i am looking for a green one, that will not cost too much (max price about $50) and will not need special IR gogles to operate.
Preferably using 1xAA or 2xAAA cells.

I've seen the one's over at DX and Kaidomain but i am having some reservations about pulling the trigger since being a laser it can malfunction in a very bad way...

Main use is going to be for presentations in seminars and messing around just for the fun of it :p
I am not looking for something that will burn stuff as i know they are pretty expensive and require extra protective gear to operate safely.

Also please advice on a reputable online dealer to make the purchase from.

Thanks in advance,

John

Last edited:

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
For $50, I would suggest just getting 2 of the Deal extreme New Wish 5mw models.
I have one and it has been a champ on AAA nimh rechargeable batteries, alkalines, and it's even brighter on AAA Energizer lithium batteries with no issues to report yet. :)
Bright enough to see without burning a hole in anything. :laughing:
Plus it comes in a nice jewel case.
It takes about 2 weeks to arrive though.
That was the main issue I had, but it was worth it imho. ;)

flare02

Newly Enlightened
I think ww.laserpointer.com has one made by Wicked Lasers for less than 50 bucks...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I recently got the Deal Extreme 5mw green laser and I am very impressed. You will not believe the build quality for $17. It is solid and one of the best deals you will ever find.

I was just using it in my basement and it blows everyone away when they see it.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.91
I just purchased one - for CPF sakes of course. :)
I'll perform spectroscopy and power output measurements of it immediately upon receipt.