Is there an actual "tailcap tool"? + Modders Tool Chest?

Delta

Enlightened
I don't know wghat else to call it. Somethig with two prongs for tightening those rings commonly found in tailcaps (like the ones in the Fenixs that are notorious for loosening). I'm prepping myself tool-wise to try my hand at real simple mods, and this is something I see a lot of. For instance, I want to try and swap the clickie in my EYJ 3W Cree to a simple ON/OFF one. I'll need something like this to take it apart.

How about an actual "Modders Tools Chest" Inventory? Does such a thread exist?

snipinglight

Newly Enlightened
I don't know wghat else to call it. Somethig with two prongs for tightening those rings commonly found in tailcaps (like the ones in the Fenixs that are notorious for loosening). I'm prepping myself tool-wise to try my hand at real simple mods, and this is something I see a lot of. For instance, I want to try and swap the clickie in my EYJ 3W Cree to a simple ON/OFF one. I'll need something like this to take it apart.

Loctite the threads

alphazeta

Enlightened

IF you really want to be CHEAP & not buy a pair of tweezers... use two ballpoint pens & hold them like chopsticks & insert the points into the two holes. Hold the pens steady with one hand (you may cross them for support) & turn the cap until the ring is tight. Works great. I sometimes still do it this way when my tweezers are not within reach :whistle: