So what was the best GITD sheet?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember a few months back someone doing a GITD shootout with pics, I think it was GreenLed, I even sent a piece of GITD material I had, I was wondering what material came out best and where to get it, anyone has the link to that tread?

AlexGT

Dennis67

Newly Enlightened
The thread was in the old version of cpf before the remix.. in the group buys and passarounds section

Glow in the dark (GID) adhesive tape (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4)
greenLED

By the pics there was an obvious choice which was brightest. The group buy never happened but I wish the source of the brightest product would have been posted so everyone who was interested could get some.

:whistle:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Yup, that was me. :wave:

IIRC, the brightest material didn't have the best adhesive properties. I'd have to check my notes.

Dennis67

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about anyone else, but I was looking for the best glow, not the best glue ;)

Still am so if you wanna either go group or post the source, that'd be ducky.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I don't know about anyone else, but I was looking for the best glow, not the best glue ;)

Still am so if you wanna either go group or post the source, that'd be ducky.
I see what you're saying. However, I personally wouldn't buy an adhesive GID tape that will fall off within a few weeks, no matter how bright it were to glow. That's one of the things that held me back from going through with the GB (other than complete lack of time to organize one).

Lemme take some pics of my test sheet and organize some ideas. There's already one person who might be willing to take the lead on the GB, so stay tuned.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Somebody else is already on the case and there are backup people who might take this on. They'll decide if/when they go ahead with this.

Here's a pic of the post-adhesion test:

gidtapesamplespostestir9.jpg

Last edited:

Dennis67

Newly Enlightened
Pm received and sent.

Thanks to GreenLED for bringing something so bright and lasting into our attention.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Dennis, PM sent.

To get back to the topic of this thread:

Somebody else is already on the case and there are backup people who might take this on. They'll decide if/when they go ahead with this.

:wave:

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
So did this die again? I would also like to know the sources, even if we do a group buy. Also is there a better link to the original thread?

Thanks,

Keith

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump ... I want to put GITD stars on the ceiling of my daughter's room...I'll use contact cement if necessary...just want to find a decent GITD sheet.

I'm still confused, which one glowed the best? In Dennis' post above, you can see there's a clear winner...but who makes it? Where can it be obtained?

Thanks...

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump ... I want to put GITD stars on the ceiling of my daughter's room...I'll use contact cement if necessary...just want to find a decent GITD sheet.

I'm still confused, which one glowed the best? In Dennis' post above, you can see there's a clear winner...but who makes it? Where can it be obtained?

Thanks...

There was a thread about GID stars on the ceiling...:whistle:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Greenlight, now it's even easier to do that using Glowinc's water-based paint. Load some of it in a syringe, and make glow dots (stars).