FIRST LASER

dano101

Enlightened
I was looking to purchase my very first Laser (around the $200ish mark). What would anybody recommend in terms of a Laser for around that price. I was looking at Wickedlasers and Dragonlasers (although leaning towards dragonlasers as they seem to be more affordable in a $/mW comparison... i.e. wickedlasers 35-55mW for that price vs dragonlasers 95mW for similar price).

Any suggestions at all??? or should i be looking somewhere else for a great product... as well if theres something vastly better but just a little more cash$ id love to know.

Thanks

Dano

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
For around 200 bucks I would probably go with the X-105 from www.novalasers.com . Pretty much everyone over on laserpointerforums recommends them, it seems every single one of their lasers are above spec. Expect to get 5-20 more mW than you pay for :cool:

Edit: Also, I would get some decent eye protection as lasers that powerful can damage your eyes faster than you can blink.

Last edited:

iLikeLight

Newly Enlightened
(Disclaimer: I haven't bought my first green laser yet, and have never used one)

TechLasers:
95mW - $159
125mW - $289

NovaLasers:
X-Series:
85mW - $159
105mW - $209
125mW - $329
Alpha Series (safety features):
65mW - $199
85mW - $239
105mW - $289

When you're deciding which laser you would like, make sure you compare lasers including shipping charges. Some sites charge $25+ to ship one item.