• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

A1-type Aleph head

mfrey

Enlightened
Wayne,

Will we see an Aleph head that will accept the McR-27 reflector series in the foreseeable future?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a 27L head in the works. No new heads based on the 27 that I'm aware of.

Wayne

mfrey

Enlightened
Great! :twothumbs

I assume by your reference to the 27L that it will house the derivative reflectors as well like the 27XR and 27S, correct? Will it be compatible with the XR-can?

What I'm getting at circuatously is will I be able to put an XR LE and a 27XR reflector in it?

mfrey

Enlightened
Wayne,

I'm intrigued by this head. Can you share any details or is it too early in its development?

In very general terms, when do you anticipate its release?

Thanks,
Matt

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The production of this part is following standard design practice and right now we are waiting for first article of the MCPCB. Once we get the MCPCB and determine the actual thickness the informaion can then be put into the drawing for the design and a prototype made.

How long will the prototype take? Don't know. This is a very bad time of year due to holidays it's very hard to get solid scheduling.

I can only keep you updated as to the progress and status. Who can predict if the prototype works and needs revisions changes and whether the MCPCB will be made to specifications, get lost in transit, wire transfer goes through. All these things are variables we have no control over.

I can say there is a probability of less than 1% that a prototype will be in our hands this year.

Wayne

mfrey

Enlightened
Thanks for the update. I wasn't aware that it was still very much in its infancy. Good luck with it. I'm sure I'll be excited by the end result.