Lego 101 needed.

donn_

Flashaholic
I need a host for a P60 LED drop-in, and haven't been able to find one used on the B/S/T forums, so I'm thinking about a new one.

Here's what I'm thinking about. Tell me if it'll work.

Start with a new 9P.

Add a Leef McClicky Tailcap Round Shape, Black HA III Finish, Scalloped, because I like a clicky tail switch, and I'd like it to tailstand as well. (Will this fit, and do they work well?)

Add a Lighthound Tactical Head for SureFire and other lights - Stainless Steel Bezel, for light-emitting while head-standing, and to pimp it up a bit. (Will this head hold a P60 LED drop-in.)

Add a LeefGrip for SureFire and other 1" body Flashlights, to prevent roll, aid in gripping, and attach a lanyard.

Will it work? Do these all fit a 9P? Any other or alternative suggestions for this new host? Can one of these things be made to have high/low levels?

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work. However, since you're planning on buying a bunch of Leef parts anyway, how about buying a 3x123 Leef body instead of the 9P? That would give you the option of running 2x18500 instead of being limited to 2x17500 if you decide to go rechargeable in the future.

donn_

Flashaholic
Start with a new 9P.

Add a Leef McClicky Tailcap Round Shape, Black HA III Finish, Scalloped, because I like a clicky tail switch, and I'd like it to tailstand as well. (Will this fit, and do they work well?)

Add a Lighthound Tactical Head for SureFire and other lights - Stainless Steel Bezel, for light-emitting while head-standing, and to pimp it up a bit. (Will this head hold a P60 LED drop-in.)

Add a LeefGrip for SureFire and other 1" body Flashlights, to prevent roll, aid in gripping, and attach a lanyard.

Update. I haven't been able to find a good price on a black 9P yet, but I did score a mint 6PD, so I ordered the parts from Lighthound. I substituted the TnC Defender, extension and tactical grip for the LeefGrip.

Everything fits together perfectly, and it's now hosting a BOG Q5 LED drop-in:

6PD_6PD-Stretch02.jpg

da.gee

Enlightened
Nice work. I just got the Malkoff M60 drop-in and have been checking out hosts. I looked at the same cell extender too. Good job.

donn_

Flashaholic
I just got the Malkoff M60 drop-in and have been checking out hosts.

I put my Malkoff into the regular 6PD on the right. The BOG is brighter, but it's running at higher voltage, because I have a single Lithium in the regular 6PD, and 3 primaries in the 'Stretch.'

da.gee

Enlightened
I'm leaning toward acquiring a 6P + cell extender like you. I have a 6PL now but I'd like to compare the Malkoff vs the standard 6PL.