Surefire TITAN

Chao

Enlightened
This is my TITAN :)
titan-4.jpg

Titan-12.jpg
Titan-14.jpg

The lux reading at 1meter is about 1112 lux, I estimated the total output should reach 80 lum in beginning.

5m beamshots, left to right: TITAN, 2007 INOVA T1, Surefire L4
titan-5m.jpg
2007T150.jpg
L45m.jpg

10m beamshots, left to right: TITAN, 2007 INOVA T1, Surefire L4
titan-10m.jpg
2007T110m.jpg
L410m.jpg

Runtime, abound 1 hour regulation in max output, not bad, though surefire says 65 lum/2h.
**11/8 add panasonic CR2 runtime
TITANruntime.jpg

In brief, this small beautiful light is very bright, tint is very white, beam is very smooth, the UI is perfect.
I am #0164, who is my neighbor :wave:

Updated information 11/2:
Forgot to mention this, TITAN seems has low battery indication, it will start flicking when lose regulation, if turning head to decrease the output when flicking, the lower light is stable.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chao,

We are going to give this another go.

Everyone involved.. Lets not head down the same track as before. There is an appropriate place to post and a proper way to present it.
There is a lot of usefull information in the old thread. It will remain viewable but locked.

Lets give this another try and keep it civil. :thumbsup:

Please report trashing, baiting or trolling so that those problems may be removed from the thread and if necessary from CPF. The reviews forum is not the place for it.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks for posting the great comparison pics. It's interesting to see Surefire produce a CR2 light after so many years of the CR123. It's neat though and I hope that Surefire makes more small lights in the future.

prime77

Enlightened
Chao,

Thanks for your review and beamshots of the Titan. I am new to "higher end" lights and have found your review threads very useful in deciding whether to get light or not. I especially like the way you set up your beamshots so that you can get a realistic picture of what each light is capable of. While I may never own a Titan I got my first SureFire a L1 Cree partly because of your review. Since then two more have followed a E1L cree and a 6PL, I am very happy with all three. So keep up the good work and thank you for taking the time for these reviews.

who

Newly Enlightened
Hello Chao,

Thank you for another fair review with pictures, beam shots, and runtime.
These and the light specifications would give us enough data to draw our own conclusion.
Keep up the great work, as it is the stuff that makes CPF first-class, and encourage us to come back for more.

garfieldso

Newly Enlightened
This is my TITAN :)
titan-4.jpg

The lux reading at 1meter is about 1112 lux, I estimated the total output should reach 80 lum in beginning.

5m beamshots, left to right: TITAN, 2007 INOVA T1, Surefire L4
titan-5m.jpg
2007T150.jpg
L45m.jpg

10m beamshots, left to right: TITAN, 2007 INOVA T1, Surefire L4
titan-10m.jpg
2007T110m.jpg
L410m.jpg

Runtime, about 1 hour regulation in max output, not bad, though surefire says 65 lum/2h.
TITANruntime.jpg

In brief, this small beautiful light is very bright, tint is very white, beam is very smooth, the UI is perfect.
I am #0164, who is my neighbor :wave:

Updated information 11/2:
Forgot to mention this, TITAN seems has low battery indication, it will start flicking when lose regulation (after 60 min), if turning head to decrease the output when flicking, the lower light is stable.

Can you compare the light output with some keychain 1AAA such as L0D Lightflux and Jet-u?

Chao

Enlightened
Can you compare the light output with some keychain 1AAA such as L0D Lightflux and Jet-u?

Sure, but I only have L0DCE.
Titan-5.jpg

Left: L0DCE-high with fresh alkaline battery, Right: Titan-max
Titan-L0DCE.jpg

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent photos as usual. Have you tried a RCR2 yet? Do you plan on it?

Thanks.

Curtis

Chao

Enlightened
Excellent photos as usual. Have you tried a RCR2 yet? Do you plan on it?

Thanks.

Curtis

Thanks Curtis, and I do not have plan for try RCR2 so far:thinking:, although it is said and been tested RCR2 should be fine.

Last edited:

arty

Enlightened
This is a really nice light, but has two downsides.

It has a good size, but is a bit large for a CR2. It is the electronic control that pumps up the size.
I like lights really small.

Even more of a problem for me is the price!

But - People spend thousands on things like cabinet saws and bandsaws, lathes, digital cameras, etc.

Incidentally, I have a couple of Lux meters available to me, and neither gets as high readings as in the linky above on some of the same lights.

Last edited:

garfieldso

Newly Enlightened
Do you have a lithium 3v AAA for the LODCE?

I have the L0D CE, the output different between AAA Ni-HM and 10440 is not significant; but the in compare with Titan is dramatic.
As I know my L0D CE is using P4.

garfieldso

Newly Enlightened
I also heard that the TITAN may not be in mass production yet. Surefire will push the HA version first in the market; anyone can verify it?

Phredd

Enlightened
I also heard that the TITAN may not be in mass production yet. Surefire will push the HA version first in the market; anyone can verify it?

Surefire shipped the first 300 to dealers only. The next shipment will go to individuals. If you really meant _mass_ production, there will only be 1000 TITANs produced. There are rumors of an aluminum version, but nothing verified.

yoyoteen

Newly Enlightened
is it got thermal issue? will get hot keep running at Max brightness? :confused: