Laser Glow Aries 125

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagoka

Newly Enlightened
If i were to buy the Aries 125, what are the chances getting passed customs?

Or what about the optotronics 125ppl?

What would you rather buy tho?

Last edited:

flare02

Newly Enlightened
i don't think you will have any problems with customs...

the laserglow aries is just a CNI PGL - III and they are FDA approved! does techlasers sell them for cheaper? I too lazy to check for you :nana:

jhosaki

Newly Enlightened
The Aries is FDA compliant so there is no problem in getting them past Customs in most countries. We still have a 100% success rate with Customs and if something happens you are still protected by our delivery guarantee. What country do you live in? You should probably ask your local Customs authority what the regulations are regarding lasers, but we have not had problems with any country to date.

Gagoka

Newly Enlightened
to Jhosaki i live in Portland, OR, USA. so do i have high chance of getting it if i order?

lazerlover

Newly Enlightened
They just said they have a 100% delivery guarantee, but just b/c the CNI has an accession number does not make it 100% legal, you still need a variance to order it and customs will take it away if they find out, but chances are low since its coming from Canada.

You might want to try out see about Wicked Lasers as well, they offer a delivery guarantee for the past 3 years that cant be beat. However, be cautious as Laserglow say in these and other forums that these guys are just scammers and their guarantees are fake.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/laser-tech/guarantee.html
"Wicked On-Time Guarantee
The Wicked Lasers On-Time guarantee starts from the moment you place your order. Here's how it works, if for any reason your product does not arrive within 9 business days, we will pay you $100.00 USD. On rare occasions where your laser is taken away by the customs of your country, we will send you another unit free of charge and pay you $100 for the delay. "

jhosaki

Newly Enlightened
You do not need a variance in order to import an FDA-compliant laser device to the US. You do need a variance to use one outdoors in a public display, but there is no chance that Customs will seize your Laserglow order. Unlike many other laser companies, we're actually shipping legal product so shipping is not a gamble, it's a certainty.

In the history of Laserglow we have only ever had one shipment to the US seized, and US Customs later admitted that it was actually a mistake and they should not have stopped the shipment. So, don't worry about shipping, it's absolutely not an issue with Laserglow.

Aseras

Enlightened
If you are in the US customs won't even care because of Nafta.

As far as the laser, as long as it has a legal accession number they will pass it. They may hold it and ask laserglow to send the fda paperwork but that's it. You do NOT have to have a variance. You only need that if you are a manufacturer. You can always claim it's OEM module and you are going to make it into another device and then you may or may not need a variance dependin on how the module would be used. The oem loophole is how every other laser company imports lasers unles they just mark them all as pens or flashlights and hope customs doesn't look.

Last edited:

lazerlover

Newly Enlightened
Justin, when you say "unlike many other laser companies" do you include Novalasers in the list as well? And if so, what is Laserglows official relationship to Novalasers? I saw an announcement about this on LPF. Thanks

flare02

Newly Enlightened
Nice, so they are the same company that sells the same things on 2 different sites.

The more I think about it, I would be pissed if I was the boss of Laserglow. Your ex employee starts a new company selling the same stuff as you and go in direct competition. You should really work on that non-disclosure agreement. :grin2:

Or...it could all be planned. Good marketing idea!

kaboom

Newly Enlightened
I just got an Optotronics RPL 400 in today. Jack is great to deal with...excellent customer service. The unit I received has a .903mrad and average output of 420mw with a peak of 44mw. Very good prices as well.
Kaboom

Athoul

Enlightened
The lasers at techlasers are not fakes, I've taken extensive time to do some research into it. In some cases they are cheaper, though I don't know if this is the case with every model.

Most of the time lasers do get past customs, some places list a value of 0-5 dollars and call the laser a "penlight" or "flashlight." Without a variance on your end, there's technically the potential for an issue no matter what measures are taken. 99.9% of the time nothing happens and everything goes throgh without an issue, no matter what company you order from.

As long as there is some clause where in the case of a customs issue the company will send you out another or give your money back, there's no harm in ordering. At some point you can be sure that laws will tighten though with all thelaser incidents being reported, but in the meantime enjoy the freedom to order these for your hobby.

lazerlover

Newly Enlightened
What Dimitri and Justin from Laserglow/Novalasers doesn't want you to know is that you could get the same exact laser or better from techlasers because its all purchased from a company called CNI laser (cnilaser.com). They dont want you to know this because the 200-400% markup on the price is how these kids make their money. I've gotten seen the lasers from techlasers and am providing this viewpoint. Like I've said earlier, don't believe everything you hear in the forums, the way some laser companies are marketed involve making multiple forum accounts and starting conversations with themselves about how the "other" companies are evil and are scam.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The laser industry and all laser fora including this one are a filth that never fails to impress me.

Unfortunately CPF is not the place to do battle in these wars, so we'll close another thread.

bernhard

Kiessling

Flashaholic
lazerlover ... you latest posting history shows you to be disruptive to the forums. Please adjust your posting style. Thank you.
bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.