Seoul P4 with very blue tint

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
I modded my stinger led with a seoul p4 about a month ago and now after its on for about a minute the tint goes very blue. The light sees alot of use. Is on for about 1.5 hours everyday. Any reason why this happened?

Drewfus2101

Enlightened
I've got the same problem with a P4, and a little different answer (as best I can tell) is to much current. Ofcourse my light was puttin out 1.25 Amps with 2 C's and wasn't blue, but with 1 18650, never measured the current, it went blue quickly. Heatsinking with help, but I'd try lowering the current.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have either used too much thermal adhesive, have an air bubble under the LED, or do not have good contact between the LED and the heatsink.

Remove the LED, and replace it with another LED. Clean the heatsink very well, and install the new LED with a minimum of thermal adhesive. Rotate the LED in the bed of adhesive to remove any potential air bubbles, and get the adhesive as thin as possible while avoiding continuity with the heatsink. Use your DMM to check before the AA is cured completely. Check again before applying power.

I have used many Seoul LED's at 1A and 1.2A without any thermal issues. The light running at 1.2A is my Mag with a Flupic, and I have used it for 45 minutes+ on high. The 1A lights are mostly Pierce M10's, and again, no thermal issues/tint shift. With proper heatsinking, the Seoul P4 is a killer LED.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
after its on for about a minute the tint goes very blue.

Don't worry Dorkwheeler your not the only one. I've got the same problem with an Orb raw i've modded. Although I think it may be the thermal adhesive i'm using being poor. Anyway It's got to come apart (again), and start over.:mecry:
Who said modding lights was fun ?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Good thread guys. A lot has been said about the heat sinking issues with the Seoul P4, but this thread has been very concise and to the point. I am bookmarking it for the next CPF'er who has that "blue" feeling with a Seoul P4.

Bill