FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC & Bulk

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC & Bulk

It's time I begin a sales thread of the new TnC C-Flex parts. At this time I have prototype bare aluminum parts to sell, however anodized parts are in the works and will be added to this thread when they arrive. With these C-Flex parts we are attempting to provide quality, utility, versatility, adaptability and numerous patterns from standard to one-off designs.

img4655si1.jpg

These C-Flex Tubes take advantage of AW's C Li-ion batteries for extended runtimes for flashlights on a single or multiple Li-ion cells. At 53mm in length the C-Li-ion cell is considerably shorter than the 18650 cell at 65-68mm and you get 50% more capacity with the C-Flex. Also unique to the C-Flex is the unparalleled compatibility with various heads from TnC and other flashlight builders. This modularity follows a similar path as the TnC SF-Series modular system. As are other TnC parts, these are built with 6061 T6 aluminum for superior heat and electrical conductivity as well as corrosion resistance. Of course parts have o-rings to keep out the elements.

The C-Flex Tube consists of a built in McClicky switch for a one piece tube and tail combination (C-Flex tube pictured in the hand above). This keeps costs of the parts down and provides a shoter tube/tail combination with improved integrity. Once you have a C-Flex tube/tail then you will want an C-Flex Adaptor to a head of your choice and you might want a C-Flex 1x C Extender to use more than 1x C battery cell depending on the application.

Although the C-Flex Tube comes with an integrated McClicky switch there is also a solid aluminum tail twist switch available for high wattage bulb applications and a two stage twist switch utilizing the Mc2Es. These twist tails will include a recessed Lanyard attachment and a maybe a Tripod thread as well. The C-Flex will also fit regular C cells with our available spacers. Examples of some complete lights using C-Flex parts are pictured below.

dscn21970004barecflexgrfc3.jpg

The C-Flex Adaptors fit the C-Flex Tube with many Heads to choose from. More Adaptors are in the works pending demand or interest stated for popular lights including Surefire TurboHeads with a unique Adaptor. The same is true for M*g heads and additional future TnC heads as well.

With the C-Flex 1x C Extenders you can add as many additional battery tubes as desired. Below are examples of uses for the C-Flex. In the first picture you can substitute any TnC SF-Series Head, lantern or VIP Head for the BBH shown in this setup. These include the TnC SF-Series 27mm and 20mm heads, as well as lantern heads and the (3) VIP heads, all using the TnC Canister with a converter and LED.

Complete TnC Light pictured below.

C Series Surefire heads work on C-Flex tubes and extenders for both LED and Lamp Assemblies, or even hotwires with our available low impedance solid twist tail switch. The C-Flex C Series setup shown below works the same for any Surefire C Series head. You can add C-Flex Extenders if you need more voltage or runtime.

The E Series Adaptor fits on any Aleph or Surefire E Series heads using Aleph or E Series electronics. The E Series adaptor uses a gold plated copper peg in the Delrin insert for best conductivity. Pictured is a C-Flex Fleur Tube/Tail, with a C-Flex E Series/Aleph Adaptor and an Aleph A3 head.

The C-Flex adaptor for the Lioncub/chamelion/dragon fits the (3) Mr Bulk heads using TnC canisters. Pictured below is a Bubble C-Flex tube/tail, a C-Flex Lioncub/Chameleon/Dragon Adaptor, and a Lionhead. This particular light sports an Aspheric lens.

For further discussion at this time please view the threads linked below or post in this thread. I will be adding to this post and answering questions in this thread as well.

New C-flex bodies

TnC "C" Flex bodies

From posts 102-118 there are pictures and discussion of the C-Flex on this thread:
TnC SF-Series parts/lights and the new TnC online store

Lastly as viewed on the TnC Online Store:
TnC C-Flex

The C-Flex parts below are avialable for sale now in this thread. The quantities in stock are listed in red below on the left (#). Parts sold or On Hold are listed to the right. Parts prices listed are for bare aluminum. For Anodized parts please see our C-Flex listings in our TnC Online Store.

(2) Standard Tubes $55 (1) JeffB, (1) ON HOLD, (2) Praetor, (1) nitnapz, (1) Tdurand
(4) Standard Extenders $42 (1) JeffB, (1) Praetor, (1) Tdurand
(1) TnC SF-Series Adaptors $40 (1) JeffB, (1) ON HOLD, (1) Praetor, (1) nitnapz, (1) Tdurand, (1) Glock18
(1) C Series Adaptors $42 (1) Praetor, (1) Tdurand, (1) Glock18
(0) E Series adaptor $45 (1) ON HOLD, (1) Praetor, (1) Tdurand
(0) Lion Cub adaptors $40 (1) Tdurand, (1) Praetor, (1) Glock18

(1) Bubble 3D tube $75 SOLD to Mac, one more available

img4656bp5.jpg

(0) Dragon Back Tube $75 SOLD Praetor and Mac, Glock18

img4663bm3.jpg

(1) Dragon Back Extender $60 SOLD Praetor, one more available

(1) Groovy Tube $60

(1) Groovy Extender $47

(1) C Straight Tube $55

(1) Straight Extender $42

(0) Fleur Tube $75 SOLD Glock18

dscn22260001cflexbarepres3.jpg

(0) Prismatic tube $85 SOLD to Glock18

We will build additional patterns in the future including regular knurling to closely match Surefire parts. We may even be taking orders for designs of your own making, such as initials, USA, etc. We can mill these patterns into the tube for interesting textures and a truly unique look. Unlike engraving, this will be permanent. These custom designs can either be milled on the 'Straight Tube' as shown or on the Standard C-Flex tube with the diagonal knurling (such as on the 'Fleur' tube). We may even offer patterns of your choice or design to be milled into an already anodized tube for a striking appearance. Since deburring won't be possible after milling into an anodized body, the 'Straight Tube' might make the best candidate for this. The milled design could be a single or recurring pattern similar in scope to the 'Fleur' tube which has the pattern repeat (4) times around the tube.

Please post your interest in this thread. First to post "I'll take it" gets the part as long as you follow through in a reasonable time frame. If a part is already taken then please post interest for another one to be built and please state whether you wish your parts in bare, NAT HA, or Black HA. Any custom milled designs desired please post in the thread. If you are stricken with the Ti affliction then please post interest that as well. We can do this but these parts would be costly in Ti.

Shipping is $3 for the first part ordered and $1 additional shipping for each additional part for First Class CONUS with delivery confirmation. For priority shipping is $7. Please PM me for international orders shipping quotes.

If paying by cash paypal please send to catsndog AT inreach DOT com and include ordering details including your CPF name. If paying by credit card please pay to Bogus1cc AT earthlink DOT net

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC &

These are great, i'll be buying a couple in BA in a couple of days.
and a whole lot of HA ones, once they're available!

Thanks for making these available Eric!

So many possibilites.

Praetor

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC &

I've been a big fan of TnC Products since from the Key-Lux, Lith-Lux, SF's (not to mention the TnC-machined VIP, LionCub, Chameleon, ). Forward-thinking design and flawless fabrication makes for a winning combination and make TnC lights a real stand-out. The C-Flex parts add a new dimension to my LEGO set!

Fromt he looks of it, the C-Flex system will make my multi-emitter heads genuinely useful flashlights. My Icarus Quad-Lux will be my "go-to" light. No more worrying about when I last charged the batteries. 2 x C Li-Ion ... that's a lot of mAh! Full-power runtime in the hours, not minutes.

Then there are the XX1T ArcMania Towers and Turbo Heads! Hmmmm.

Ok, let's see what I need! How about we start out with...

(1) DragonBack Tube
(1) DragonBack Extender
(1) E-Series Adapter

I'd like to build up a Chameleon/Lioncub kit and probably a SF Turbohead too. Once I get hold of these parts I'll figure out how it all fits together and which parts I need to order for the other kits. I'd probably like the next set anodized. When do you expect those to be ready?

Any plans to put together a Tri-Rebel TnC complete head? I think that would make a nice front-end to the C-Flex tube! ;)

Ok... now I've got to order some batteries. :)

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Praetor,

Thanks for the nice post!

I might have the anodized parts in as soon as a week.

Yes we have plans for a couple heads, one rather large.

We plan to adapt the C-Flex for a bike light as well as some other ideas if there is demand.

Praetor

Newly Enlightened

... that sounds great.

Quick question...

I've got a couple of the TnC SureFire TurboHead-to-E fittings.

Is there any advantage (cosmetic or otherwise) to using the C-series adapter and mating to the SF Turbohead that way, as opposed to a E-Series adapter and the SF Turbohead with the TnC fitting?

I hope that makes sense...

Just trying to figure out the best way to go!

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it looks cleaner with the C-Flex to C Series adaptor but that is all a matter of taste. Below the Dragon Back Milled tubes are using the C-Flex to E Series adaptor and then the TnC E Series -> Surefire TH Adaptors

img4686ph4.jpg

Here are the same C-Flex parts except using the C-Flex to C Series rather than to the E Series as show above. The KL3 is not the Surefire TH, but I think it's pretty clear what it would look like.

dscn22000001barecflex2xtj4.jpg

Praetor

Newly Enlightened

That's very helpful, Eric. A picture is worth a thousand words!

And as a result, I'd like to change my setup a bit...

I will take:

(2) C-Flex Standard tube
(1) C-Flex Standard Extender
(1) C Series Adapter
(1) E Series Adapter
(1) SF Series Adapter
(1) Bulk Adapter

That will give me the flexibility to run it all...

I will PayPal you immediately so that I can't change my mind again! :)

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've done some editing to provide graphics to pictures to try to explain the C-Flex more thoroughly. I know we are trying to buck the system providing offerings this complex, but we are building lights and parts we want to use and can only hope others want to as well. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks for looking.

who

Newly Enlightened

we are building lights and parts we want to use
"Build your own" and the results are some of the best in the flashlight industry.
We all wish we could say the same in our own industries. Congratulations!

nitnapz

Enlightened

i've seen the light... and sure that i am not missing anything
TnC C-Flex SF-Series Series Head Adaptor [Bare Aluminum] $40.00

TnC C-Flex 1x C battery tube with clicky [Bare Aluminum] $55.00

TnC SF-Series 27mm Head (Cree) Bare Aluminum $61.50

TnC 27mm Supreme King's Crown aluminum bezel $35.00

TnC Canister Q5 WC tint Cree LED and flupic driver $90.00

--
281.50 USD + shipping to canada
:paypal::dedhorse:

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm interested in a C flex tube for Surefires. Threaded for SF C-series tail and C-series heads (or a compatible "power pack") in HA Black or Nat.

Insane runtimes from an AW C LiIon appeal to me. :D

An 18650 tube for C Head and Tail would also be welcome but all I can find are tubes that fit E tails. Plus you don't specify on your website if your SF power packs are compatible with E heads or C bezels. :confused:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm interested in a C flex tube for Surefires. Threaded for SF C-series tail and C-series heads (or a compatible "power pack") in HA Black or Nat.

Insane runtimes from an AW C LiIon appeal to me. :D

An 18650 tube for C Head and Tail would also be welcome but all I can find are tubes that fit E tails. Plus you don't specify on your website if your SF power packs are compatible with E heads or C bezels. :confused:

The C-Flex tubes already have a McClicky switch built into the tail and price. We will have available a low profile twist switch either in solid aluminum for low impedance or in a Mc2Es for a two stage twist switch. No additional tail is necessary and wouldn't fit.

We had a problem with the anodizers and sent back the Black C-Flex parts. The NAT parts are good but they didn't return the retainer rings so that should be a hold up of about another week or two until we have complete NAT C-Flex parts to sell (pending the holiday schedule).

We have a power pack listed on the store for TnC SF-Series that works on E Series heads, but it uses TnC Canisters and won't run on E Series or Aleph electronics. I will be selling some bare adaptors (power packs) in a week or two that fit E Series heads using E Series or Aleph electronics. The anodized parts should follow in another week or two. The C Series adaptors for the TnC SF-Series tubes will be available in the beginning of next year.

Also available in the beginning of next year will be extenders for TnC SF-Series tubes so you will be able to run as many 18650, 18500, or AA batteries in TnC SF-Series lights as needed or using various other heads with the SF-Series' many adaptors. We will also be introducing another battery tube design while continuing to stock existing parts on our store.

If there is interest in any of these parts or other parts not mentioned please show interest. Thanks

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

nitnapz I received your E check. Thanks

tdurand

Enlightened

Eric-
The store is not cooperating tonight and I'd like to order some C stuff.:hairpull:
Please check your PM.
Thanks
T

Praetor

Newly Enlightened

This C-Flex stuff is GREAT.
I hardly use any of my other lights anymore!

Eric -

I sent you a PayPal today for the following:

WH Cree Q5@ $90
SF-Series 27mm Cree head (bare) $61.50
Dragon Back Tube @$75
Dragon Back Extender @$60
Shipping $5.

Thanks again!

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Praetor, I'm glad you are pleased and thanks for the order. I'll ship Monday.

Hi T, PM sent.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM to you!

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Double post

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Karl, PM sent. Sorry for the delay. I'm still out of town but will be back by Monday. Thanks

tdurand

Enlightened

Eric-
:paypal: for the order referenced in my PM.

Thanks!
T