PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC & Bulk

Default Re: FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC &

Do you have an estimate as to when the black HA versions will be available?

Default Re: FS *C-Flex* C Li-ion battery Tubes, Extenders & Adaptors for E & C Series, TnC &

They have been at the anodizers a long time. They should be back any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    We are going to build some standard cell solutions using the C-Flex, whether it be a battery carrier for multiple AAAs...
    With so many people looking for C Li-ions, there's got to be a market for 3AAA->C series adapters. Maybe one with removable/swappable anode buttons and include a shorty for normal C cell applications and a 5mm longer one for AW C Li-ion applications?

BTW Eric... order just placed for more SF series goodies.

a 1x C tube with the integrated tail and a 1x C extender with a C-Series adaptor.

What's the over all length of the above pix?
    Can you make a 2C body like this

a 1x 2C tube with the integrated tail and a 1x C-Series adaptor.

Hi Paul,

That's approximately 7.85".

Yes we could make a 2xC cell tube like your picture but we couldn't make a 1xC tube plus a 1xC extender like that. The reason is there wouldn't be enough metal to support the threads at the juncture without the extra girth. If we made a 2xC tube without an extender, it would work but we don't see the demand for making these at this time. The extra girth at those threads is actually nice in the hands IMO, as they aren't as thick perhaps as they look. If the relief was lower I think it would be a little slick to hold on to.

Hi Bogus1,

I don't see any problem at all. Just think it's a "stretched" 1xC tube that can hold 2 Cs. You can add as many extenders as you want.
    Last edited by Paul5M; 01-13-2008 at 01:43 AM.

Does RipOffs have holster options for these larger bodies?
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

Quote Originally Posted by mfrey View Post
    I have a package waiting. I have my fingers crossed these are in my PO box I'll be checking today. Apparently the anodizing came out nice this time.

gswitter, we are considering building a AAA adaptor. I guess I should check if there is interest first.

Hi KeyGrip, I'm still checking on this. Sorry for the slow response.

Quote Originally Posted by mfrey View Post
    Hi mfrey, I just listed the black TnC C-Flex parts on the TnC Online Store.

Flashaholic

Do you offer a complete light from this series. i am interested in one with the bubble tube. please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTz View Post
    Do you offer a complete light from this series. i am interested in one with the bubble tube. please let me know.
    Hi John,

Yes I can assemble and test a complete custom light for you. Are you interested in a light like the one in John's review? TnC C-Flex - A quick & dirty review

Do you know what kind of canister (driver/LED) you want installed?

Thanks

Order sent for a HA NAT TnC E-C adapter.

thanks
    I miss my Milkmods.

I've included a couple of pics of what we have been working on for the C-Flex. For throw the best for the P7 has been the 3” Carley (BBH) head. Below are pics of the P7 in DD configuration and with an adaptor/module for a driver for TnC C-Flex bodies. These modules were built to SF-Series specs and you could run existing TnC SF-Series 27XR heads (same threads as BBH) with these adaptor/modules as pictured on the available C-Flex bodies. I feel the C-Flex with a C Li-ion is a good candidate for such a high draw LED. However we are testing/drawing designs to build P7 E Series tube compatible modules. If these work well and if there is interest...

In addition we may do a very small run of C-Flex in Ti if there is interest now that the C Li-ions are available again.

In addition we may do a very small run of C-Flex in Ti if there is interest now that the C Li-ions are available again.

I'm in!
    T

OK, I'm a bit confused with the C-flex bodies. I want the body in the pic below, but is it a plug-and-play deal? It already has a clickie switch intergrated into it, right? Also, I have a ton of 6P/6PD bezels lying around so can I just drop in a P60 lamp and battery, then screw the bezel down?

I really want this body so please help me to get one up and running Thanks.

CLICK_HERE to get your hands on some serious Surefire *BLING*

Hi Eric,

Yes with TnC C-Flex C Series Head Adaptor [Bare Aluminum] it should work in your application if the P60 runs on a single Li-ion cell. I do have an extender as well for this Dragon Back tube if you want or need to run 2x Li-ions. It appears I only have one each of these parts at this time though. Please let me know if I can help.

I'm also interested in the pictured body but can't find it on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by generic808 View Post
    OK, I'm a bit confused with the C-flex bodies. I want the body in the pic below, but is it a plug-and-play deal? It already has a clickie switch intergrated into it, right? Also, I have a ton of 6P/6PD bezels lying around so can I just drop in a P60 lamp and battery, then screw the bezel down?

I really want this body so please help me to get one up and running Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK18 View Post
    I'm also interested in the pictured body but can't find it on the site.
    It's not on the store site. On the store I've only listed the standard Bare/NAT/Black tubes. The exotic milled tubes are listed on the first post of this thread. It's the Dragon Back milled tube and extender.

for the following
    (1) Dragon Back Tube $75
    (1) Prismatic tube $85

Shpping $4.00

total $164.00

Thanks

For 1 bare aluminum Lioncub/Chameleon/Dragon as per PM.

Thanks

I will take the following

1. TnC C-Flex C Series Head Adaptor [Bare Aluminum]
    $42.00
    1. (1) Fleur Tube $75

What happen to the Titanium C Flex, I want some!
    Last edited by GLOCK18; 08-10-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Any thing new on these P7 items ?

I've included a couple of pics of what we have been working on for the C-Flex. For throw the best for the P7 has been the 3” Carley (BBH) head. Below are pics of the P7 in DD configuration and with an adaptor/module for a driver for TnC C-Flex bodies. These modules were built to SF-Series specs and you could run existing TnC SF-Series 27XR heads (same threads as BBH) with these adaptor/modules as pictured on the available C-Flex bodies. I feel the C-Flex with a C Li-ion is a good candidate for such a high draw LED. However we are testing/drawing designs to build P7 E Series tube compatible modules. If these work well and if there is interest...

What happen to the Titanium C Flex, I want some!
    You might want to post your interest in this thread: Titanium Aleph & E Series compatible heads/tubes/tails**Announcing TnC Ti EDC-Flex**

We might build a very small run of these but they would be VERY expensive.

Any thing new on these P7 items ?
    We haven't done much with the P7 proto due to limited interest. I can't say why there wasn't much interest in the C-Flex P7 proto. Frankly I think it's because C-Flex threads don't get many views since it seems a perfect package to me.

Personally 90% off all my lights are now C Li-ion, I think it’s the best way to go.

Flashaholic

Does the 2 stage switch have a momentary on at all? Or is it just twist on? Are there any anodized with the 2 stage switch available?

Personally 90% off all my lights are now C Li-ion, I think it’s the best way to go.
    Probably 90% of my usage now is for C-Flex lights since it's so nice to not have to worry about whether the battery is about to crap out. Smaller is great when necessary, but the peace of mind from the improved run times is more important to me most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
    Does the 2 stage switch have a momentary on at all? Or is it just twist on? Are there any anodized with the 2 stage switch available?
    Yes the two stage works as a momentary as well, however I don't have any of these anodized at this point since they are all protos. There really hasn't been enough interest to pursue building more parts at this time unfortunately.

Although we have been working on other projects, the C-Flex is still on the table for potential additional parts to be built. An example is the M@G reflector compatible head. Below are three v1 C-Flex head drawings using the standard C-Flex 1x C Li-ion tube. The thinking behind this design is to allow users to take off the shelf M@G custom reflectors, aspheric, multi-LED as well as hotwires setups and use them with these C-Flex heads and tubes. There is no adaptor needed on these heads as they mate directly to the C-Flex tubes. These heads will not work on M@G tubes. If you have interest in seeing these built then please post!

Below are three C-Flex tube drawings with the new C-Flex v2 M@G reflector compatible head. This head design sports fins.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast