• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Simply eye candy (Ti-PD Mule)

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

Nothing very new to talk about, but I though eye candy sharing never hurts :naughty:

I've received my Ti-PD mule from member jcompton, nice and smooth transaction.

Since the mule was announced, I forced myself not to look too much into it, I basically brainwashed myself about not wanting this little sucker. With limited succes as you can see :crackup:.

During the last wave, Don stated it could possibly be the last wave of Mules for a long time if not forever. At first, the Mule was available more or less on a regular basis, but when the last wave was sold out, I started to feel differently about the mule : I though I had been stupid enough to miss a light that may not be done anymore.

So I snagged one on BST. And let me tell you it was the best move to make :twothumbs. This light is greeeat.

img2198si3.jpg

img2203po8.jpg

img2209aa5.jpg

img2223ge1.jpg

img2220mm5.jpg

img2219vz6.jpg

img2218as3.jpg

img2212io8.jpg

While the trit is noticably dimmer than the green one on my Ti-PD, it's refreshing to change from the green color. It's supposedly white, but I see a fair about of ice blue in it. Very nice.

I was also very surprised at how little the imperfections of this light were. It is very near to perfection actually. There are very little machining marks and they are MUCH less visible and much more shallow compare to the one I originally had on my Ti-PD (but 600 sand paper can do miracles :naughty:).

Someone mentionned about the fact that with the Mule you don't need to aim at what you want to look at. This is very true and somehow funny when you've never used a reflectorless flashlight. You just switch the light on and start doing your stuff. You don't aim and that really amused me.

For those who don't have a Mule in their collection, I would advise to consider it if you can afford it. It is really a compact, unusual and usefull light. And it's Ti :twothumbs.

I'm just thinking sandblasting and/or AlTiN coating would be great additions :oops:

Enjoy!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really nice pics!

Although my Ti-PD-S is my EDC light, my Ti-PD-Mule easily sees a lot of use, mainly to navigate around the house.

da.gee

Enlightened
I love my Mule as well. It is THE light around the house as soon as the sun goes down. It is perfect for navigating around a darkened house.

I keep hearing talk of machining marks but I am hard pressed to find any on mine. I like the white trit a lot and hope that goes into the next PD-S run.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or even more exotic colors like orange, red, purple... I'm not saying green is not nice (it is actually the brightest AFAIK, and our eyes are most sensitive to green) but other colors are refreshing and I find it cool to see changes like that :twothumbs
I like the white trit a lot and hope that goes into the next PD-S run.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
That's surely an ice-blue trit., not a white one.

Probably just a mistake since they probably both look whitish
in daylight.

A nice mistake though, as you may have the only Mule with an
ice-blue trit. in existence. :thumbsup:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tino,
Nice pics! :thumbsup: The H3 does look blue and I know I did do some blue as well as red H3 pistons. The white ones do look pretty white to my tired eyes. :shrug: The future of more Ti Mule waves is certainly in question at this point in time. Primarily because of other waves in the works. I do believe the Mule has its legitimate place in the big scheme of things and I know that as long as I keep building lights there will always be a flood beam one way or another as part of the program. :eek:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
so there is hope to snag a Ti Flood Machine from him! Thx for the pics!

who says mules aren't beautiful animals?! ;)

Mayo

jcompton

Enlightened
The trit in that piston is definitely a white one... the illusion of blue must be from the camera.

iconoclast

Enlightened
I have a white trit (in a mule) and it can easily appear slightly aqua-blue-ish under certain camera conditions. I don't have a decent camera however. Place in next to a blue trit and you can certainly tell the difference.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked and your right. The camera has completely exagerated the blue color. To the eye, the trit is quite colorless but if you want to :ohgeez:, you can see some ice blue into it :nana:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't followed McGizmo lights a great deal during my time on CPF, but it always strikes me how attractive the Ti models are whenever I see pictures of them :grin2:

Regards,
Tempest