• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

First Time Aleph Owner Mule Questions

gtie

Enlightened
Received my Aleph Mule last week and am very pleased. I have used a Ti Mule and really like the 2x123 setup for this type of light.

As this is my first Aleph I have a few questions:

1. I want the option to mount this light on a portable tripod. Besides finding a standard tailcap are there any other options?

2. What is the best throwing Aleph head that would work with SOB750 (Son of Buck) Cree Q4 Light Engine and the 2x123 power pack?

3. With the Mule's light engine, what battery do you recommend to achieve full brightness at the sacrifice of run time with a 1x123 power pack?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Did your Aleph Mule come with a two stage tailcap. If so, your tail cap should have come with one of the round holes tapped for a tri-pod screw.

Bill

cqbdude

Enlightened
Received my Aleph Mule last week and am very pleased. I have used a Ti Mule and really like the 2x123 setup for this type of light.

As this is my first Aleph I have a few questions:

2. What is the best throwing Aleph head that would work with SOB750 (Son of Buck) Cree Q4 Light Engine and the 2x123 power pack?

Thanks in advance for you help.

I would recommend the A19 Head....you will not have to do any modification to the reflector..it just bolts right in..

who

Newly Enlightened
2. A19 is the one made especially for the Cree, so it is the logical choice.

3. I would say RCR123 for the standard LE. However, a single cell will not achieve full brightness on my sample.
Personally, I already swapped the GD750 LE into the Aleph Mule head. This works best with any single cell application. I also run it with 2xAA using the UBH, for full brightness also.

Last edited: