Topeak Moonshine Hid Enduro
topeakmoonshineenduro15uz7.jpg

Blackburn System X8SL
blackburnsystemx8sl1513in9.jpg

Busch & Müller Ixon IQ Speed
buschundmuellerixoniqs1bo5.jpg

Cateye Triple Shot Pro
cateyetripleshotpro1513wk3.jpg

There is something odd about this test, Blackburn X8SL is (2x Luxeon III system that produces about 160 lumens) is superior to Ixon IQ Speed that is based on Cree XR-e or Rebel (there are 2 versions) that produces about 140 lumens but I've seen shots Ixon vs 1A Cree and they goes almost head to head (top quality mirror design in Ixon) So why there is so big difference between them ?

Moonshine Hid Enduro vs Sigma Powerled Black
There is no {inappropriate language for this forum removed by Sasha... reminder to please try to keep the language at least PG-13.... thank you.} way that 10W HID was beaten by in the best case 200 lumen 1 led lamp... (or somebody had broken the bulb and replaced it by car halogen before test :D).

Hope Vision Epic vs Lupine Betty 6
Vision Epic is 2x Luxeon K2 lamp (2x 5W) that produces at best 320 lumens of light (or they get this new 4x SSC lamp that nobody have seen before - Hope is expecting to sell this light in January 2008 and it should produce about 1000 lumens) versus Lupine Betty that can give you about 1200 lumens...

Last edited by a moderator:

lucius667

Newly Enlightened
Is there anything brighter than sigma powerled based on MIGNON(!) power?

Are there different versions of the sigma lamp and where can I get it very cheap?

Szemhazai

Enlightened
Probably Sigma Powerled Black & Hope 1 Led will be the brightest bike lights avalible on the market...

Last edited:

Yps

Newly Enlightened
ok, so probably max 240lumen. Strange that the HID looks less bright, it will probably have 500 lumens.

/Magnus

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is very strange test. Beamshots of Sigma Powerled Black, Blackburn System X8SL and Busch & Müller Ixon IQ Speed are done from different distances and angles than with the other lights :shakehead. Probably to look brighter then they are. :tsk:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for doing these comparison shots, which are great to see the real world output for different lights. Great work!
Would it be possible to also give an approximate runtime for each system? I don't want a system that is super bright for five minutes. Are all systems about the same size/weight, or are some significantly larger?

msxtr

Newly Enlightened
msxtr we are talking about Powerled Black it's new version that should be available at noveber/december this year.

Yes, I know, use the Luxeon III equal that the Powerled "normal" but if well the powerled "normal" work to 750 ma, the black edition work to 1a, that is why, the "normal" give 75 lux and the new give 90 lux.

Greetings - Saludos

msxtr

Nubo

Enlightened
ok, so probably max 240lumen. Strange that the HID looks less bright, it will probably have 500 lumens.

/Magnus

You camera will have different sensitivity to various wavelengths of light. HID have a strong blue peak on the spectrum. This may account for the apparent difference in photographs.

soultouring

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys

what is the difference between Luemens and LUX

How do I know how much LUx the Hope lights produce, what is 300 or 900 luemens equivelent in LUX

Pls someone tell me

charles
www.soultouring.com

South African bike touring company