Magic tricks.

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Hey all,
I just met a girl and I won her heart with believe it or not.... magic tricks :p. I want to impress her again next time I see her, so does anyone have any good tricks? Much appreciated :) Thanks,
Stephen

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Scotch & soda is a good one...as well as other similar coin tricks! Color changing knives (paddle action tricks)...

NEVER tell!! "The first time it's a magic trick, the second time it's a lesson!!"

Magic indeed breaks down barriers fast...

Last edited:

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
Here's a very simple, but high impact trick my father taught me a long time ago.

The effect: you will be able to tell the audience what card is on the bottom of the deck without ever looking at it. You should be able to do the whole deck without memorizing anything.

The patter I usually use with this is something about how my sense of touch is so sensitive that I can tell what the card is simply by feeling the upraised paint on the card face.

You need a deck of cards. You can have them shuffle the deck as much as they want.

[1] Take the deck of cards and hold them behind your back. What you're doing while the cards are hidden is turning the top card face up.

[2] Bring the whole deck in front of you and show the bottom of the deck. Ask your audience what the card is. While you're doing that, make a note of the face up card on the top of the deck. DO NOT FOCUS YOUR EYES AT CARD DISTANCE. The audience WILL notice and you'll be blown out. Focus your eyes at the distance your audience is at, you should be able to read what the card is without actually looking at it.

[3] Return the deck behind your back. This time, take the face up card from the top of the deck (the card that you made a note of in step 2) and put it on the bottom of the deck, then turn next card on the top of the deck face up.

[4] When you show your audience the bottom of the deck, simply announce what the card is while you steal a glance at what the next card is.

[5] Repeat step 3 and 4 as many times as you want. Remember to leave the top card face down on the last iteration. Toss the deck onto a table or give it to the audience for inspection.

This is a very simple trick that never fails to intrigue. It won't get quite the same reaction as a good sleight, but the plus side is that this trick requires no skill, just a little practice. Just try it a couple times on your own, just to make sure you can do the transfer without dropping the deck, then you'll be good to go.