Battery Springs:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a great assortment at a local ACE hardware store a while back. Unfortunately, they've closed down now.

DM51

Flashaholic
Incidental info on this subject - I asked AW recently what a safe pressure would be for springs on his cells, and he said a max of 15 lbs. Just something to bear in mind when choosing springs.

OddOne

Enlightened
Mouser carries them in several sizes, along with all manner of battery contact.

oO

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
lighthound.com carries replacement Maglite springs.

OddOne

Enlightened
Do you have a link? :D

Can't link as the URL contains session/search info, but you can go to Mouser's website and click the Power link in the "Product Finder" at left, then go into "Battery Holders, Snaps & Contacts". From there, use their parametric search to find what you're looking for.

oO

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mouser and Digikey both stock springs and battery holders of various sorts. McMaster might be another source, look for conical springs... there are lots of possibilities at these websites.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I've probably dealt with over a dozen spring manufacturers at work over the years, and Century Spring has by far the largest selection. If you're anal, most of the stainless steel ones have enough nickel to permit gold electroplating.

Larry

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about copper plated/copper clad springs? That would make them easier to solder, and I guess improve the conductivity?

Would that be a custom item, or might there be standard parts? I quick Google turned up nothing.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a flashlight with battery contacts a bit like this:

batteryspringey3.png

It seems like a really nice design to me. Unfortunately they went and ruined it with an utterly craptacular on-off switch.

The perfect flashlight: low resistance battery contacts and conductors (not steel!); a proper switch; an orange peel reflector; adjustable focus; lightweight plastic body with rubber grip. Has anyone ever seen such a thing?