Arceteratual (sp) lighting

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
After a brutal flight (connections in Chicago and Heathrow) and working until 10Pm In Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland, I woke up last Wednesday morning and opened my drapes in the Landmark Hotel overlooking N4 and the Shannon river. I espied an HPLED lightbar on my windowsill on the second floor! :
220821120-O.jpg

Next thought was this will be cool tonight! Wednesday morning I snapped the following two at ground level:
220821102-O.jpg
and better detail here:
220821086-O.jpg

I was really looking forward to seeing them turned-on Wednesday evening, but it didn't happen! Not tourist season or something- I haven't a clue! Hotel desk personnel were similarly clueless! The lightbars weren't there last time I visited abt a month ago. :shrug:

Larry

greenLED

Flashaholic
That's quite the light bar, Larry. The setup reminds me a little bit of the new LED light bars on police cruisers.

MikePL

Newly Enlightened
Quite a lot of LEDs. Did you bring it home with you?

Did you mean architectural lighting?

Illum

Flashaholic
reminds me of luxeons under fraens, what type of LEDs were they?:naughty:

good to know hotel rooms are improving....they try pretty hard [minibars, satellite TV, spare condoms, etc.] Im glad to see that they now know how to please flashaholics :grin2:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I couldn't tell what LEDs were used- there was no visable "star" at their base. The optics were of the asymmetric type, but don't match anything on Fraen's site. :shrug:

Edit: I cropped a couple at full resolution:
221198036-O.jpg

Larry

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
the optics look like Oval difusion optics makes a line, about 6*x25*
Silveron has pics of all of them in a post somewhere. Carlico if i remember right.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I couldn't tell what LEDs were used- there was no visable "star" at their base. The optics were of the asymmetric type, but don't match anything on Fraen's site. :shrug:

Edit: I cropped a couple at full resolution:
221198036-O.jpg

Larry

:oops: I thought they were clear optics... nevermind