• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Blue (Matterhorn) Christmas

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to get myself a Matterhorn with blue LEDs for christmas, but I have some questions before choosing which one. I need the output to be similar to but not more than an Arc AAA-P (CS). Which LED configuration and power level would suit me best? Thanks.

redledz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Keygrip, I just got a lug style matterhorn in HA, so I'm guessing they are available.

So you are getting a 3 blue led matterhorn? I'll bet if you call them, they will be able to answer your output comparison question. I'm going to guess high output for blue.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to call them before I'm ready to order. I didn't expect too many people to have both a blue Matterhorn and an Arc, but asking is always worth the time. Thanks for the info on the lug body.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay! Bringing this one back from the dead. Between the single LED and 3 LED heads, which one has the tighter beam pattern. That is; which one has the mosre intense spot and less intense spill, and does this apply to the colored LEDs. Thanks!

RobynS

Newly Enlightened
Okay! Bringing this one back from the dead. Between the single LED and 3 LED heads, which one has the tighter beam pattern. That is; which one has the mosre intense spot and less intense spill, and does this apply to the colored LEDs. Thanks!

Hi KeyGrip -

My personal choice would be the 3 LED in blue - much nicer - again my opinion but having the opportunity to see both, the 3 LED would be my recommendation.

Have a great day!

Robyn

gorn

Enlightened
The 3 LED has a much better beam pattern than the ARC. I have the 3 LED's in white, snow, red and UV. The Peak lights are alot better than the ARC in my opinion. I own many ARC's including red, green, white and turquoise.

On my latest Peak with 3 white LED's, ultrapower is much brighter than the ARC's too.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks
Robyn and Gorn. Reason I ask is I'm going to use this light backstage during plays, and I want the least amount of spill possible.

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

I have a blue led ARC AAA and a Peak Fujiyama SS 3led blue HP.
The ARC is fairly bright and floody for a BS-era light. The Peak is slightly brighter and throws better. (the output of a Fujiyama is like a Matterhorn but better regulated with a consistent output).
If you like flood, take the 1 led version, If you like throw, take the 3 led version. Bear in mind however that the total output is higher with 3 leds.

I have both a 1 led and a 3 led white (snow) Fujiyama (both HP) and they really show the difference between the two setups.
I also have a 3 led red Fujiyama and should you want a dim light: this is it. excellent for backstage, in theatres, etc.

My 3 led blue stainless steel Fujiyama gets warm, more so than my HA version. Is this normal?
It's a pity Peak doesn't offer green or turquoise leds :(.

Kind regards,
Joris