WARNING: I'm a new guy...

giant_kyle

Newly Enlightened
And i need the answers to some questions that i'm sure you've heard 1000's of times. That being said.... I bought a 100 pack of LED's off of ebay. Here are the stats for them.. Here

Now for my questions...

I'd like to run 6 white, 2 blue, and 4 red LEDs off of a single 9V battery. Is this possible? If so, what resistors will each LED require?

Thanks, sorry for such an elementary question, though i guess they are easier to answer. Thanks for your time.

Kylehttp://tinyurl.com/24x7ue

giant_kyle

Newly Enlightened
Also, i'm not sure if this is how it works, but according to the forward voltages, would i need 32.6V to power them all?

LED-FX

Enlightened
If you ran them all in series you would require a high forward voltage , so lets do it the easy way.

Add LED voltage together till you get to as near as possible without going over the supply voltage.

In your case, 6 white , lets say 3.2V so 2 in series with a resistor on 9V will be fine.

2 Blue, again around the 3.2V mark , so a series pair with resistor.

4 reds. probably lower say 2.2V so 4 looks like it would series together fine, but 9v battery may droop lower than 8.8V so go for 2 in series with resistor.
Resistor calc:

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Connect all the series strings in parallel to your battery.

Cheers
Adam

giant_kyle

Newly Enlightened
I did some tinkering today in the office using some resistors i bought from Radio Shack. First off, i can't decode which diodes are what.... secondly, i ran two green LEDs parallel(i think) off of my battery and they were perfect. very bright. the resistor made them horribly dim. I looked on my battery, and it's actually 8.4V... I picked a bundle of the batteries up at a salvage store. They are for medical monitoring devices... So, would it be horrible for me to run these LEDs without any resistors? off of the same battery?

My main concern is brightness... I am putting these on my Nitro RC Truck(i'm a big kid) so i can drive it at night and tell front from back etc...