Rescue tool (SRT)

SAR

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone first off have a good turkey day tomorrow :D

SAR Rescue tool

Met with some members and the Captain of the local fire department and the FD on FT Polk, the meetings and initial testing went well

Main cutter about 1/2" will handle up to 1/2 inch sisal rope, the webbing I cut was kevlar reinforced. Anything under tension cuts extremely easy

Oxygen bottle wrench cutout slightly oversized

Small pry/flathead screw driver

Hole in the back can be used to strip small gage wire
3/16 CPM 154 ht by me HRc 60 future models may be done in 1/8" and a 440 to get the cost way down
Black texture powder coat

Thanks
Spencer

dsc0551or0.jpg

dsc0550mr2.jpg

dsc0552pg5.jpg

dsc0553ur2.jpg

dsc0554qp7.jpg

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Uh-oh. My husband was asking me the other night if he could send you a drawing of a tool that he would like and if you might could see about making one for him (he's a crime scene detective).... um... this right here is pretty damn close to what he is looking for. I will definately show him this thread tomorrow morning... :wow:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be paying attention to that. My brother is completing his EMT training, and that little tool might come in handy.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I like the gritty look to the finish and it looks well made as a tool....especially for seatbelt cutting if one was a medic. I like the size and may be able to fit one on my belt through a keeper.

SAR

Newly Enlightened
I like the gritty look to the finish and it looks well made as a tool....especially for seatbelt cutting if one was a medic. I like the size and may be able to fit one on my belt through a keeper.

Thanks guys

BM5-working on the price factor so stand by:whistle:

Working on sheaths today will post up some pics when done, they cut well but I want better

Spencer

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like this one. I could use it when climbing and hiking, and would love to keep one in a couple of our cars. Please keep us posted as to pricing and availability!

Gadget Guy

Newly Enlightened
Spencer, that is just awesome! Will you be doing any in a stone washed finish? You know I'm hooked on that finish right now. :twothumbs

DieselTech

Enlightened
That's really nice. I want one, to say the least.

Just out of curiosity, is there anywhere you could incorporate a point, to aid in perhaps breaking a car side window?

wild68fury

Newly Enlightened

SAR

Newly Enlightened

wild68fury

Newly Enlightened
Well thats great stuff wildfury, but this is the custom forge and not the production area, maybe thats what appealed to Sasha and her husband was the fact that it is custom made.

Benchmade makes some great production rescue tools

BTW welcome to the "Custom Forge" area

Thanks
Spencer

I checked out your website. Very nice knives. Any plans for a folder?

SAR

Newly Enlightened
Wild, I did not receive any email from you please try again, i checked my spam folder as well?

Spencer

SAR

Newly Enlightened
I was able to build a good sheath with strong retention, I will get some pics up later.

Spencer

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool Spencer. I look forward to seeing them. The Hornet Recurve you sent me is one of my favorite knives (this is Josh Kaufman, by the way, from kniferights).
I would LOVE to see pictures of that project you were talking about above, too. I'll shoot you an e-mail. You had told me about it months ago, but I didn't know if it was going forward.
In the meantime, I think I might need one of these SAR tools if you make them production.