No Country for Old Men

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you haven't seen this movie than by all means do so. Send the wife shopping/the husband to the ballgame. Send the children to a relatives to play.
This exquisite movie is surely a nominee for Director, Producer, Actor, Cinemetography, and Picture of the year.
I would recommend a large screen if at all possible.
Simply flip a coin and call it...
:thumbsup:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds great. "Natural Born Killers" go to "Fargo".

Will probably make my all time favorites list. Might even bump out "Sound of Music".

Balcony12

Newly Enlightened
I can't wait to see this movie. I read the book a while ago and thought it was brilliant. Cormac McCarthy is easily one of the best American writers alive today. His book and the Coen Bros. style couldn't be more perfectly matched. I'm planning on seeing this one as soon as I have a free evening.

Zonk

Newly Enlightened
3D Mag in "No Country for Old Men"

Just saw the Coen brothers' (Blood Simple, Fargo) recently released movie called "No County for Old Men" (with Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem, Woody Harrelson & Tommy Lee Jones). Great movie - but more importantly, for trivia buffs, was the black 3D Maglite that was used in several seens an incandescent or LED?

Last edited:

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great movie, I saw it this afternoon. If you look at the review sites, this one is getting solid 4 star reviews. I thought it was just as good as Fargo.

No mistake that it's a Coen brothers film either, just listen to the way the woman at the front desk of the motel explains the room rates to Llewelyn. The Coen's have a thing for dialogue, and it's a common thread through their movies which I think is really refreshing and enjoyable.

Oh, and I think it was an LED Mag, it looked too white to be incandescent.

Peter