Tripod mount for non tripod socket camera ?

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have this digital camera, as a standby to my main one.

It gives excellent results.

Drawback is that it does not have a tripod bush to mount on tripod.

Can anyone point me towards an adaptor that will allow me to mount this camera on a tripod ?

Possibly some sort of open case, or cradle, with tripod socket.

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
The best and probably cheapest option is to glue a nut with the right threading to the bottom of the camera. It'll take up little space and won't be in the way for normal use, but will provide a stable anchor point for a tripod.
An open case or cradle could work, but wouldn't be much of a stable base if it isn't exactly right for your camera, thus beating the point of using a tripod in the first place. Another option would be to use some sort of velcro or elastic straps to hold the camera in its place in a open case or cradle or on a mounting plate, but judging from the picture you posted, the layout of the camera might make this hard. As the straps will either be over the controls, screen or flash.
Ofcourse you could buy a quickrelease-plate and mod that so it can be clamped/strapped to your cam, but for the money you'll spend on that you can probably buy another camera that already has a tripod mount.

So imho a simple nut and some crazyglue (or other sticky stuff) will be your best bet.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
A modern version of this, adjustable, would be nice.

Camera dimensions 90 x 52 x 15mm

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Since this is just a back-up camera, I would think that a couple of heavy duty rubber bands would be more that sufficient to secure it against a tripod head.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since this is just a back-up camera, I would think that a couple of heavy duty rubber bands would be more that sufficient to secure it against a tripod head.

Pretty much my conclusion, but fixing it to a under camera "flash bar", or even a wooden or metal bar with 1/4" 20 nut glued to it.

Plus benefit, I can rubber band a torch to it !

Last edited:

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah! Very nice..and simple. Just use nice fresh rubber bands right...;) :thumbsup:

Of course, rubber bands as shown just for quick photo...

Ones used are Post Office, quite strong, but I'll probably wrap around a couple of times.

Maybe even velcro camera base to tripod adaptor.

A work in progress.