Mag 2D

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
Just got a new mag 2D flashlight. Need ideas on what kind of upgrade to do to it. Led or Incan. doesnt matter just want high light output. Ideas and instructions needed.

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Do an incan......M@g 85 please with excellent photos so I know exactly how to do one!!

Unless you are very, very lucky and check Gene's site every 30 minutes, you will have a very hard time getting one of his drop-ins. I had to get a C sized drop-in from someone who had to many other projects (known as mod fever)....lucky me!!

Seriously, AW now has a softstart driver for the D M@g, or you could just pack batteries in and go direct. That's what I am strongly considering doing. FM has wonderful reflectors and bulbs for sale too, besides the one of the best AA battery holders around. But even an incan mod can get real expensive if you get AW's driver, FM's battery holder, may need his bulb holder too, lense, and reflector. Oh, then there is that 2.5 inch head he sells.........

Bob E.

Beamshot

Newly Enlightened
I dont want it to get to complicated. Money wise I havent really set myself a limit yet.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a drop in with 3x cree (or is it SSC) putting out 600 lumens, can't recall who makes it. So if you got money, maybe try that.

Jenova

Enlightened
mag85 = Easy as
All you need is a metal reflector and replacement glass (these parts melt under the high temps
Also need a bi pin G4 Holder + Globe, a battery holder and decent batterys

you can got for a AW Switch but alot of people have done it with a stock one

Fire Mega has EVERYTHING you need ;)

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Well I have recently come across an old 3D Mag and ordered all the stuff needed to make it a so called ROP, which Im told stands for Roar of The Pelican because the mod uses a pelican spotlight bulb. I got a set of bulbs, a metal reflector, a glass lens and a some battery holders. If you do a search on google for @d mag ROP a review comes up with the web address of http://lights.lightrefineries.org/?page_id=9 . Click the link and it tells you everything you'll need to know.