surefire L1 lumamax

eric1975

Newly Enlightened
does anybody know how many batteries the new l1 with the higher output bulb takes ??

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah when I saw the video from SHOT I had to get one...:D totally awesome light.

Dudemar

Talas

Newly Enlightened
Get one. You will absolutely love it! As close to perfect an everyday light as I've ever found with useful low and amazingly powerful high in a package that's not too small or too large, with good texture... and running on just one battery!

Alero

Enlightened
If only someone would make protected a 3.0v Lithium Ion battery! Then I'd get one today!!!

Spence

Enlightened
ALERO-

Check Battery junction.com they carry a "Tenergy" protected, rechargeable, RCR123A, 3.0 volt,900 mAh-$3.95 ea, and the REQUIRED Smart Charger for it-$12.95. While you're at check the deals on SureFires. There's no discount on the flashlight price, but they have a discount code "thankyou 2007" for 5%. Also, free shipping on conditional orders, no sales tax, and, virtually fistfulls of free CR123 Tenergy batteries with SF flashlight purchases!.....With my L2 I got 16 free batteries, 6PL-8, U2 Ultra-28, and the SF M6-40 free batteries! Now, even if you only pay $1 each for 123's that adds up to a pretty nice dicount on SF's! Almost all of them except rechargeable models get a deal. Their customer service is great too, I get immediate responses to my e-mail questions. I don't mean to sound like a salesman...just relating my experience FYI.
Good luck.

Spence
buttrock.gif
rolleye11.gif
:paypal:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've recently found the L1 to be a pretty decent battery drainer, giving three or four hours of usable light beyond the point where there is little difference between low and high.

Geoff

cy

Flashaholic
new Surefire L1 cree is substantially different from older L1.
construction is completely different. same two stage tailcap is about it.

no longer have the older L1, but new cree L1 seems shorter. nicer optics. has the nicest optic... beautiful beam pattern.

L1 cree now has nice stainless contact lip like A2.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
cy

The new Surefire L1 is shorter than the older generations. The position of the electronic board in the body being perpendicular versus parallel contributed most to the decrease in length.

I use my L1 as a work light (ala 5.11 flashlight/mag pocket for their tactical pants) and it has been dropped, thrown back and forth, and used heavily; still works great!

One bad thing about the light is probably the clip. Its short and stubby, not an issue for me because it snapped off and I filed that area down so it is now flush.