Recommend me a bright P60 dropin

IcantC

Enlightened
Hi I like the rendition of incan and was wondering if you could recommend me some dropins for my SF Z2.

I see lumensfactory has some stuff, but I want something a lot brighter than stock.

Also let me know which batteries can be used wit the dropin.

Thanks

mdocod

Flashaholic
if you are sticking to 2 cell size, you have basically 2 options:

1. Run a Surefire P61 on a pair of standard lithium primary cells.
2. Run a LumensFactory HO-9 on a pair of AWs rechargeable protected li-ion RCR123 cells.

Configuration 2 should only be used in short increments, it's hard on the cells, cells need to be monitored frequently for safety.

Both of these options are about the pentacle of incandescent output in this form factor, Both are probably comparatively bright, the HO-9 setup will probably start off brighter, with good quality lithium primaries the P61 will hold a steadier output through the run. The HO-9 will also be a tighter beam. In the grand scheme of things they won't be dramatically different in total lumens... But if you top off the cells in configuration "2" frequently (only using like the top 20% of the cells capacity, like 5 minutes of runtime before topping off) then it will be brighter than the P61 in use. Runtime for either config is about 20 minutes.

planty8

Newly Enlightened
you could try a g&p s60 from lighthound. 6.99 plus postage. i replaced my p60 with this and its a lot brighter. the hotspot is bigger too.

IcantC

Enlightened
Thanks guys for the input, looks like I will just slap in a Q5 CREE instead.

Mdocod and planty8 thanks for the info. It looks like best option is to go with a P61 style bulb with primaries. Perhaps will get a P61 and Q5 dropin :D.