Keychain AAA? Arc or Fenix E0?

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
$40 for the Arc vs. $20 for the Fenix (minus the 8% Fenix discount). It won't get used much, other than hanging on a keychain. I have the SF E1L for pocket carry.

Any other small AAA in that price range I should be looking at? Need something not quite as bright as the SF is on low, but still want something reliable.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the Streamlight Microstream. 20 lumens, 1.5 hrs runtime. Nice hot spot with good wide spill around it - no artifacts at all. Itty bitty little thing - I carry mine in my shirtpocket for my EDC. Got mine the beginning of the month at Botach for $13.80 - I think they are $16.00 now.

Bearcat

Enlightened
I just got my EO last week and I really like it. Super long regulated run-time for the amount of light it puts out and is well made. A 8% discount with free shipping makes the EO a real deal. The only reason that I would shell out $45 for a new Arc-DS is if Fenix does not upgrade their LED soon in the EO from a CS to a DS like Arc has recently done.

IcantC

Enlightened
I purchased the E0 over Arc. I liked the ARC better, but used the money saved on a better light :D.

The E0 serves me well so far, no complaints.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Arc on my keychain, and an E0 in my "survival kit" in the vehicle.

The Arc is built like a tank,and will survive on your keychain for many years as it has on mine. The Fenix is well-made, but doesn't have that "tank" feel to it. If I recall correctly, the Arc will give you in the range of 5 hours of light, whereas the E0 is in the 8-10 hour range.

But the bulletproof feel of the Arc wins out for me, especially when it takes daily abuse with keys, coins, etc.

Oct-3.jpg

right on

Lightmania

Enlightened
On my keychain is the single-LED HA Matterhorn.

The Matterhorn series from Peak LED Solutions may have some appeals to you. Comes in different LED colors as well as choice of HA, Stainless Steel, and Brass.

www.peakledsolutions.com

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My choice is the ARC-AAA as well, and has been ever since I replaced my Mag Solitaire with one on my keychain 4-5 years ago. I have several Fenix lights and I like them, but I wouldn't replace my ARC(s) with one.