Well it didn't take long.."surefire"

hogger1

Newly Enlightened
Someone allready did a switch of a g2 into g2l package @ a Dallas Lowes.:thumbsdow
Rosser

hogger1

Newly Enlightened
No. I turned it in to cust service so some unsuspecting sole wouldnt spend led money for an incan.

Rosser

IcantC

Enlightened
See my local store is smart, they only carry the LED version.

I don't think you get it haha. You can buy the regular 6P from anywhere, buy the 6PL, swap them and return 6PL with 6P inside. Or you can swap with your own 6P you have sitting at home. Most shops will not know the difference between a 6P and 6PL. Sad there are people out there who will do this :shakehead

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
I don't think you get it haha. You can buy the regular 6P from anywhere, buy the 6PL, swap them and return 6PL with 6P inside. Or you can swap with your own 6P you have sitting at home. Most shops will not know the difference between a 6P and 6PL. Sad there are people out there who will do this :shakehead

oh we got. we just dont care.

BBL

Enlightened
I think it sucks anyway if shops take something back once bought. I mean, it was my decision - if i change it, after i bought, i should sell the stuff somewhere else - not return it for someone else to buy used.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A low-down move for sure. Especially since an unsuspecting person might buy it.

But part of me is wondering if the person would have done it in the first place if Surefire made the Seoul lamp available for individual purchase.... Rather than holding off until they feel that enough 6PL and G2L models have been sold before making the lamps themselves available. (Especially for those of us who already have inca versions of those 2 models, and simply wish to convert them over to LEDs).

Well, I own two G2s. And I sure as Hell am not going to buy a G2L. All I want is the Seoul LED lamp. I can wait a bit. But if Surefire doesn't cut out this greedy bit of nonsense soon.... Well, not like Surefire is the only game in town if you want to convert a G2 into an LED light.