E1e is bright!

Turt

Enlightened
So I've been away from the world of incandescent lights for a few years in favor of some popular LED lights. I just pieced together a VG1 body with a E1e head with MN01. This light is a lot brighter than I expected... from my memory, I don't think it is lower than MN02 lamps. I am very happy with my new tiny incandescent light. I was going to order a LF bulb, but not sure if there is really a need. This thing has to be more than 15 lumens!

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've been away from the world of incandescent lights for a few years in favor of some popular LED lights. I just pieced together a VG1 body with a E1e head with MN01. This light is a lot brighter than I expected... from my memory, I don't think it is lower than MN02 lamps. I am very happy with my new tiny incandescent light. I was going to order a LF bulb, but not sure if there is really a need. This thing has to be more than 15 lumens!

I had the same reaction, but you won't believe how much the LF LA improves the E1e. Go for it!

lebox97

Enlightened
15 lumen?!

add an R123 and get a LF bulb for 90 lumen (in stock body/head)
or a fivemega bipin holder and strion bulb for even more (seems like) :grin2:

nuggett

Enlightened
my new E1e puts out a much nicer beam than my E2D, even exchanging LF bulbs, the e1e appears to have a much nicer reflector. I wonder what the differences are and if it is worth getting a new reflector head for the E2d?
Anyway, try the LF bulbs. excellent beams and rechargable.

BSBG

Enlightened
The LF EO1R with an RCR123 is noticeably brighter, but the MN01 is no slouch in such a small package. The MN02 is brighter than the 01, I just checked mine :eek:.

rtt

Enlightened
The LF EO1R with an RCR123 is noticeably brighter, but the MN01 is no slouch in such a small package. The MN02 is brighter than the 01, I just checked mine :eek:.

Just wanted to confirm that you can run a MN02 with RCR123 in an E1E?

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished modding a Kl1 head with mcr20 reflector and seoul p4 that I'm giving my dad for Christmas. That's my choice for drop-ins. He'll also be getting a charger and two rcr123 lithium rechargeable cells. He's getting hooked up! I wonder how many lumens that is though.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
my new E1e puts out a much nicer beam than my E2D, even exchanging LF bulbs, the e1e appears to have a much nicer reflector. I wonder what the differences are and if it is worth getting a new reflector head for the E2d?
Anyway, try the LF bulbs. excellent beams and rechargable.

The reflectors are exactly the same, the differences you see are down to the different fillaments in the different bulbs.

Try the E1e bezel on your E2D with the MN03.

nuggett

Enlightened
The reflectors are exactly the same, the differences you see are down to the different fillaments in the different bulbs.

Try the E1e bezel on your E2D with the MN03.

I wish that were the case but the LF bulb (2x rcr123) has a much nicer beam with the E1E reflector than the E2d reflector. I cant figure what is causing that.

Spence

Enlightened
I can't wait to try out the LF EO-E1R in my E1e. You know, it is a pretty impressive little performer right out of the package. I can't imagine 90 lumens coming from it! Anybody got any run times with both primaries and RCR's?

:wave: