Anyone tried to mod a Peak Pacific? Flupic perhaps?

Gatsby

Enlightened
I have a LuxIII Pacific that, on whole, is a great light that would be even better if I had two levels - particularly if I could use RCR2's with the CR2 body and 14500s with the AA body. The head is about the same diameter as my Jil Intelli - has anyone ever tried to drop in a flupic board instead of the stock driver?

Add a P4 or Q5 and it would make this workhorse a real candidate to get back into primary EDC rotation.

Just wondering if anyone has attempted such...

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a LuxIII Pacific that, on whole, is a great light that would be even better if I had two levels - particularly if I could use RCR2's with the CR2 body and 14500s with the AA body. The head is about the same diameter as my Jil Intelli - has anyone ever tried to drop in a flupic board instead of the stock driver?

Add a P4 or Q5 and it would make this workhorse a real candidate to get back into primary EDC rotation.

Just wondering if anyone has attempted such...

I have modded two Peak Pacifics with Seoul LEDs. It is an amazing transformation.

Just scrape away the silicone and remove the Luxeon LED. Shim the Seoul with a 0.030" copper disk (Use Arctic Alumina, and be sure the Seoul is isolated). Solder the leads and watch for polarity. Sand 0.030" off the back of the plastic reflector and install. Add a mineral glass lens while you are at it, and it will be like a whole new light.