What bulbs/batteries being used w/E2E?

rtt

Enlightened
I was wondering what bulbs (Lumens Factory) and batteries you are using with your E2E? Are you getting more or less run times than listed on the LF site with your combinations. I would also be interested about the heat generated and the life of your bulb/battery combinations. I have to finally replace my broken bulb (used about 20 sets of batteries) before the bulb gave up.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm currently using a LF HO-E2R on two AW rcr123s. Output is great, color is very white. I have not done a runtime test to confirm specs.

zx7dave

Enlightened
Confirming what was said above. this is the best combination for the 2 cell E bodies.

lebox97

Enlightened
fivemega bipin holder with TL-3 bulb and 2xAW R123 = a bit whiter & brighter than the LF bulb in my E2 (I have 3 setup - stock, LF, and TL-3) :party:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking about getting an EO-E2R to compare to the HO. Longer runtime is more important to me now, so I go with the HO.

EV_007

Enlightened
Yes, the LF bulb and the RCR make for a very compact, bright light.

I have beamshots comparing other lights in my signature.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
fivemega bipin holder with TL-3 bulb and 2xAW R123 = a bit whiter & brighter than the LF bulb in my E2 (I have 3 setup - stock, LF, and TL-3) :party:

The TL-3 bulb will draw about 1.3A off of those RCR's, the EO-E2R draws about 1.0A. You should have no problem running the EO-E2R continuously on good RCR123A cells while they may overheat at the TL-3's draw rate. The TL-3 output may be slightly more than the EO-E2R, but it won't last.

I had a Streamlight TL-3 and I recall the output was less and more yellow than my Sure-Fire C3 with a P90 or HO-9 lamp assembly. And the EO-E2R already puts out alot more light than the MN03. I would gauge it somewhere between an MN03 on fresh batteries and a P61 on fresh batteries, closer to the P61.

My TL-3's output was more yellow than any other incandescent I owned and this was on two 17500's. How it could be more white than your EO-E2R I cannot imagine.

I do not run my EO-E2R often, but I run a P90 on two RCR's (which draws about the same current as the EO-E2R) in a Brinkmann Maxfire several nights a week for extended periods and get reasonably good runtimes with it.

Last edited:

BSBG

Enlightened
Call me a rebel, but I like the EO 1R with a single 17670. Not amazingly bright, but a good, usable beam and one hour plus runtime.

g36pilot

Enlightened
Just put a LF HO-E2A (110 lumen) w/SF CR123 primaries in my Wife's E2 and find it considerably brighter than stock.

I'd like to find a LF EO-E2R vs. FiveMega TL3 mod comparison w/RCR 123s.

G36pilot

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call me a rebel, but I like the EO 1R with a single 17670. Not amazingly bright, but a good, usable beam and one hour plus runtime.

I started out with this setup when the LF first came out, but then I realized I could fit some RCR's in a spares carrier along with an extra lamp and get the extra brightness of the EO-E2R with the extended runtime if necessary. Of course this isn't practical if you don't want to have a battery carrier with you. But on the other hand I'm also a brightness guy and not much for efficiency.

who

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to find a LF EO-E2R vs. FiveMega TL3 mod comparison w/RCR 123s.

G36pilot

I have 4 E2Es, two with LF EO-E2R, two with 5Mega TL3 setup.
The TL3 set up is a little brighter, and heavier because of the lamp holder.
The TL3 beam is rounder. I like them both.

Spence

Enlightened
Anybody with comments on the E1e with the LF EO-E1R 3.6? I've got one on the way. Any problems running the RCR123 3.6 or 3.7 batteries with it?
Thanks.
:shrug:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody with comments on the E1e with the LF EO-E1R 3.6? I've got one on the way. Any problems running the RCR123 3.6 or 3.7 batteries with it?
Thanks.
:shrug:

Use AW Protected RCR123A's and you won't have any problems lighting it up. Some protected batteries like Battery Station won't light up because the current drain is too high at 1.3A, but the newest black label AW's will light it up with no problems.

copperfox

Enlightened
I just received the EO-E2R today. I don't like the hotspot, it's too oval. Does the HO-E2R or EO-E1R have a hotspot that is oval like this?

mdocod

Flashaholic
IMR-E2 350 lumen bulb can be run on a pair of IMR16340 cells from AW :)

Requires special consideration for the tailcap and heat issues though, keep runs short, and try to source a twisty tailcap :)

Eric

PinarelloOnly

Newly Enlightened
I am also running a LF HO-E2A lamp in my E2D and it is a very noticeable
and much brighter difference over the stock lamp.

The long runtime and very white light of the LF lamp is also very commendable.

I should also note my E2D/HO-E2A combo beat out a E2DL in throw past 60ft.

After spending some time with an E2DL last week I can honestly say I love
my E2D incan even more.

picture.JPG

Latest posts