Anyone received their Microfire K3500R yet?

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed that my order status had changed to shipped, so I am wondering whether anyone else has received thier K3500R's yet, if so what did everyone think of them?

gesteenbergen

Newly Enlightened
Got mine this week from Fenix-store.
Great output and very sollid build.
The focus is quite limited, but you won't be disappointed with its throw capabilities
I think the warm-up time takes too long to reach full output capacity, over 30 seconds.
Fenix-store delivered the wrong car-charger, it doesn't fit on the charching-stand, which I might ad is not very functional in a car when it needs the battery to stand up straight un-fastened, but i think a litle sticky tape will help just fine. I hope to recieve a useable car-charger.

For the price there`s no alternative.

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
I am very much looking forwards to receiving it.

has anyone in Australia ordered from opticshq?

just trying to figure out whether it will arrive to my office on a day that I am there or not...

gesteenbergen

Newly Enlightened
I am very much looking forwards to receiving it.

has anyone in Australia ordered from opticshq?

just trying to figure out whether it will arrive to my office on a day that I am there or not...

What has that got to do with Optics HQ:confused:
You could ask for tracking information and contact the distributor with a request to deliver it on your office day.

Gr G

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
Because if someone else from Australia has ordered from them, then they will know roughly how long it took to get to them.....

Tracking numbers are updated every evening, meaning that it may have landed this morning but I dont know until tonight.

And besides, I was just wondering what other peoples experiences with opticsHQ was like.... If that is alright with you

dkoong

Newly Enlightened
lol

i ordered from optics HQ too... to Perth WA.

it was despatched 2 days ago and has just cleared customs today (friday) i guess it will arrive on mon/tues

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
Thats funny I just had a look this morning and ours are probably on the same shippment.

mine cleared customs yesterday at 3:30pm in Melbourne...

Patriot

Flashaholic
I received mine today. I'm doing a run-time test on it now. It was getting very warm so I just pointed a fan at it. Initial impression is that it's built fairly well. Output is very good although blue. More later..........

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
great, I am looking forward to seeing what it is like.

would you say the tint is very similar to most led based torches?
That is what I am used to so I dont think the the bluish colour will be a huge issue, and there may be the possibilty in time to get a lower k bulb:thumbsup:

Patriot

Flashaholic
great, I am looking forward to seeing what it is like.

would you say the tint is very similar to most led based torches?
That is what I am used to so I dont think the the bluish colour will be a huge issue, and there may be the possibilty in time to get a lower k bulb:thumbsup:

I would say that the color is still higher, more blue, than the Rebels, Q4s, and Q5s. It's about the same as my U2 I suppose. It's just a lot of blue color unlike a single blueish LED. If you stare at it long enough the brain eventually starts calling it white...that is, until you turn on a 4200K light then it looks blue again and the 4200K looks warm yellow. I still believe that 4200K is best color for HIDs.

dwminer

Enlightened
Received mine yesterday, all is fine, on my forth recharge, the bulb is just about burnt-in and the "flicker" is just about gone. I did a compare test last night between AE24, several 10X's, Maxabeam and every thing else I could fine (spotlights and such). Falling snow did not help much, but the k3500 puts out a real wall of light for a small, affordable package.
Dave

HIDSGT

Enlightened
I'm very happy with mine for the price. At 10 seconds it is blindingly bright. At 30 seconds you cant even look into it. Am curious to see Polarian's 30W which will probably be available in the spring sometime.

I guess it would be nice to see a quicker start-up but for $400.00 you cant beat its size and function. The button on the rear is waaaay better then any twisting mechanism.

I'm sure a year from now we will all be buying 5000 lumens lights and start-up wont be an issue cause at 5 seconds it will likely be 2000 lumens.

I mean look at the AE24 a couple years ago. It was basically the only game in town and look how big that thing was. The MF 3500 is half the size and twice the lumens. At 15 seconds mine is extremely bright. I guess at 30 seconds its brighter but so what. Compared to my Wolf-eyes K500 its a joke. Im sure ill be saying the same thing a year from now about my new light compared to my MF 3500. But if technology never got any better my MF 3500 is all most people will ever need in their life. Im sure ill be saying the same thing a year from now with my new light....lol.

Last edited:

Joo

Newly Enlightened
I received Microfire K3500R today. Ordered from opticshq $360,99 (Opticshq Membership Discounts 5% + CPF5 5% Discounts).
Very sollid build. Great output. Wall of light for a small, affordable package. It takes over 30 seconds to reach full output capacity. The beam flood adjustment is quite limited.

Patriot

Flashaholic
HIDSGT;2250566 The button on the rear is waaaay better then any twisting mechanism.[/quote said:
I have to say that I believe the switch on the K3500 is far to light. I already accidentally switched in on while inside of my backpack. Honestly, I've never had any issue at all with rotory switches as on the Powerlights. Since these aren't tactical (i'm so tired of that word) style lights, I'd prefer to have switches that wouldn't allow the light to be accidentally activated.

vandraiss

Newly Enlightened
I have to say that I believe the switch on the K3500 is far to light. I already accidentally switched in on while inside of my backpack. Honestly, I've never had any issue at all with rotory switches as on the Powerlights. Since these aren't tactical (i'm so tired of that word) style lights, I'd prefer to have switches that wouldn't allow the light to be accidentally activated.
To Patriot36:

After reading your post #18, I took my K3500R and unscrewed the battery handle 1 turn and found it will not come on when you click the rear button. This may be the answer if you carry the light in a place where you can't see it and it's subject to bumping.