A lot of people asked about a run of an aluminum Nautilus so I decided to go ahead with a relatively small batch to make a version that was a bit more generally affordable. I partnered up with Flashlightshop (www.flashlightshop.de) in Germany, as you saw, as well as BrightGuy (www.brightguy.com) here in the United States to provide some local and quick sources to help get the lights out to you guys.
I just finished building them up today and have a few available for those who are interested. A couple of photos:
These have all the same specs as the Titanium lights, except that they're made from 6061-T6 aluminum, Hard Anodized in Black and Natural, and weigh 2 ounces (57 grams). The same runtime of 2:45 on a single CR123 on high mode, ultra clear lenses, size, styling, etc. are still present in this version.
Here is a brief summary of the light’s features:
- Ultra Clear Lens for 99% Light Transmittance
- Deep Parabolic Reflector for Long Distance Illumination
- Q5 Flux Bin CREE XR-E – 107 Lumens Minimum Output from the LED
- MilSpec Type III Hardcoat Anodized Aluminum with Brass Innards
- O-Ring Seals at All Junctions – Water Resistant
- ChemKote Interior for Enhanced Corrosion Protection
- Gold Plated Circuit Contacts
- 20.5mm in Diameter by 67mm Short
- 2 Ounces / 57 Grams Weight
- 2:45 Runtime on High Mode, 75 Hour Runtime on Low Mode
(1/25/2008: All Hardcoat Lights Gone. Only two pink ones left (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...&postcount=140))
Take care folks!