My modded M6

jaybiz32

Enlightened
Here is my long awaited M6 modded by RcatR.
Here is his description and some pics I took. Let me just say Awesome.
"The 5 outside rebels are running on their own independent shark running at 980mA; using custom .3" flood reflectors.
The 5 inside Cree Q4s are running on their own independent shark at 980mA; using trimmed minimagLED reflectors.
The center Cree Q5 is running on an independent downboy at 1000mA; using a trimmed mcr17 reflector.
The aluminum heatsink is one solid piece; with all electronics potted in thermal epoxy. The reflectors are held in focus and together with glow in the dark epoxy. The light will run on 6x123; 6xR123; or 3x17670 using a custom battery cage. When you put your hand in front of the light you can feel heat. the overall output is roughly 2000lumens; it overpowers my '93 ranger's headlights"
Photo260.jpg

Photo261.jpg

bluecrow76

Enlightened
That is just too cool! RcatR does some great work. "We" would love to see some outdoor beam shots of that one! :D

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
In less enlightened times I can remember making a comment in the incan forum that you would be mad to modify and M6 to LED:ohgeez:! I gleefully stand corrected - this is awsome!

Beamshots, runtimes and any other info on this is definately required, where is RcatR, huh? :poke::grin2:

jaybiz32

Enlightened
I have yet to let it run down but I believe runtime is around 30 minutes on 3 18760 cells. I will work on getting some beamshots hopefully later.

BSBG

Enlightened
The term 'overkill' just doesn't seem strong enough here - that is awesome :twothumbs.