Lumens factory A2 lamp assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't heard anything else about it, just that it LF was considering making one. I'm still looking forward to it if they do.

Brozneo

Enlightened
I haven't heard anything yet about it, but I'm also looking forward to the release (if there is one!) I'd love to get my A2 brighter (with the same runtime!)

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the real win would be for a lamp with the same brightness and runtime as the stock lamp, just without the $25 price tag. :|

IcantC

Enlightened
It's already a nice light. Being just a tad brighter would be awesome.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
jumping0045.gif

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Althought we are interested in making this, but we realize the difficulty in making the assembly because the measurements needs to be very precise.

So we are still speculating on this project at the moment. :)

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Althought we are interested in making this, but we realize the difficulty in making the assembly because the measurements needs to be very precise.

So we are still speculating on this project at them moment.

We will release something new next month though, so keep checking back. :)

Cool :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it! My E1e looks so much better with the EO bulb.. can't wait for an A2 EO :D

Mark@LF

Enlightened
KROMATICS,

The lamp is the easy part, we can come up with one within a week.

The problem is the base, the stock one uses plastic and metal plates. We have to come up with a different base that holds the lamp well, fitting and contact must be good as well. Which means that the base will have almost no engineering tolerance, this makes it difficult for mass production.

So we have been trying to come up with a good solution, we have tried a couple designs already, but until I see something that I am satisfied with, R&D will have to keep hitting me with new designs. :p

DanielG

Enlightened
KROMATICS,

The problem is the base, the stock one uses plastic and metal plates. We have to come up with a different base that holds the lamp well, fitting and contact must be good as well. Which means that the base will have almost no engineering tolerance, this makes it difficult for mass production.

So we have been trying to come up with a good solution, we have tried a couple designs already, but until I see something that I am satisfied with, R&D will have to keep hitting me with new designs. :p

Well, if you want a guinea pig just let me know. I'll be glad to try 'em out :twothumbs:grin2:

IcantC

Enlightened
KROMATICS,

Good to see you guys are trying :). I know you guys work on Xenon and incans only, but there might be a market for Aviatrix style higher powered LEDs for the A2 :).

Status
Not open for further replies.