How many of you carry just one light.

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I notice on other threads how many flashlights people bring with them.

This thread is for people who only carry one light ( not "if I could only have one light").

What do you carry?

I carry a Arc aaa-p DS because its small and I do not notice it is there which would allow me to carry it everyday. It is not the brightest light but works for most things I do. Its track record of durability and reliability makes me feel comfortable that it will work and handle abuse.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a daily basis, I do only carry one light - my PD. Chances are good that I'm either at home, in the car or at work, and there are lights in those three locations.

I use my PD on a daily basis, usually several times a day, and I always bump it into high just to make sure it has the juice to get there. If it doesn't, I recharge that night. It does absolutely everything that I need an EDC light to do.

Of course, if I stop to get milk on the way home I have lights on my keys, but that's not the question now, is it?? :)

alanagnostic

Enlightened
If you don't count the two button-cell lights on my keyrings I carry just one light...HDS EDC. It does everything I need it to do.

Secur1

Enlightened
I only carry my Draco on my keychain.
If and when i can afford it, i will add a CR2 Ion for the extra run time.

crocodilo

Enlightened
I'm a sinner. Lately, on several ocasions, I've found myself carrying just one flashlight, a Fenix P1CE.

This is contrary to previous standards dictating either a backup or a different light to complement the main one, but the single cell, single mode pocket rocket is just too damn appealing in it's simplicity.

jbviau

Enlightened
I carry a Photon Freedom Micro (white). Even tiny AAA lights like the Fenix LOD seem too big for me to EDC. I'm also someone who only owns one regular-sized light (kept at home), a G2 with LED drop-in. Now if you ask me how many drop-ins I have, that's another story!

Illum

Flashaholic
whatever happened to two is one and one is none? :twak:

but then again....carrying 5+ lights on a daily basis is kinda overkill I guess :ohgeez:

crocodilo, I'm currently the same as you, but I'm only doing so because the M6 tore out both pant pockets:rolleyes:
I added a fauxton to the P1-CE's ring as a backup:candle:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a MXDL 123-powered Cree light from DealExtreme.
Truth be told, I recently added a 1xAAA 1x5mmLED to the keychain, as the Cree is a single-mode light and is always on at 100%, which can be too much in many situations.

However, the moment I get my Nitecore Defender I'll go back to carrying one light only. I don't much like carrying two.

D-Dog

Enlightened
I usually only carry my Jil Intelli to school, as I need it to be small and unobtrusive. It is bright enough for my needs and always there if I need it.

da.gee

Enlightened
On my person just one light (Ti PD-S) but others handy in car and bag.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a L0D Q4 on my keychain and that is all I truly need.

When at work, it is joined by a Peak Baltic SP AAA light in the Leatherman Charge holster side pocket. My bicycle helmet is with me at work which has a L2D RB100 2AA light on top. My wife has a keychain light so I bring a backup person to handle the backup light. :) Have other various lights at home/work so the only time I have one around is when I am out and about by myself.

Steve Curtis

Newly Enlightened
I went for the NS Raw as its has enough light on the low setting for 8 hours of close work but masses of light on high when its needed.
its also nice and simple to opperare and looks cool too.

Rzr800

Enlightened
I carry a L0D Q4 on my keychain and that is all I truly need..

Just picked up some LOD Q4s also and it will be probably my wife's only light unless the Infinity or Photon Rex manages to take its place.(2AA and/or 3AAA are just easier for her to manage all the way around).

I will probably carry one of the three also.

kavvika

Enlightened
99% of the time, I only have one light on me: my JELED 55,000mcd modded Photon II. I'm usually within a few minutes of another light. Can't say I remember putting a light in my family's new car, though.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also carry one light:

one Novatac in the Fatboy

one ORB NS in the neck

one P1D-CE in the belt :D

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried carrying one light for a while...it didn't work too well. I don't like knowing that if it breaks/runs out of batteries with no spares/the lamp dies with no replacement to hand/I forget to bring it with me when I leave the house then I don't have a backup.

Regards,
Tempest

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a Jetbeam C-LE v1. It has such a small form factor for an AA light, I hardly know it's there. I use it about ten times a day, often going into a room and not turning on an overhead light if I'm only going to be in there for a few minutes or less. I use NiMH in it. I have a light in the car, an plenty of others at home if I need a bigger, brighter one, but the C-LE is the only one I carry in general.

Although I would hate to loose it because it is so useful, it is not so expensive or beautiful that I would be devastated if it did get lost.