Yet another new EDC light just in time for X-mas -- Lumapower Avenger!

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Thought I would get the ball rolling on a new thread here about another new light coming out just in time for X-mas. I'm not affiliated with Lumapower in any way, and the other usual disclaimers. I just thought my fellow CPF'ers would appreciate the news. See this link to the Marketplace forum for the thread. Looks like a killer AAA EDC light.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=171917

I only stumbled across it as I was browsing the Lumapower section and I hadn't seen any other blurbs about it on this side of CPF.

The Lumapower people really listened and the light appears to have many of the features most often clamored for -- low-low, high-high, twisty tail-cap and an included 2nd push button cap, bezel ring brightness adjust, akaline, ni-mh, primary Li, and 10440 support, lots of knurling, removable lanyard ring, removable clip, included holster, gitd o-rings and tail-cap, NO sos, NO strobe.

I pre-ordered mine already from the nice people at BatteryJunction. (Also not affilated with them in any way)

GLOCKshooter

Newly Enlightened
Looks really good. If the lanyard ring can work as a keyring I am probably in, but it looks like it may be on the side and not close enough to the end.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for starting this thread - I was thinking just the same thing, that I just now noticed this new offering and probably few folks had seen it.

Since I generally have been happy with my past Lumapower purchases (M1, M3, even the F1), I am looking seriously at the Avenger. The specs look very good, as usual.

Basically it seems to fit into the Arc-AAA and L0D class, although I think we don't quite have the size specs available yet (and sometimes Lumapowers have surprised people in terms of coming out larger than they thought). So that's one thing to watch out for.

One big plus - it uses the Rebel 100 (AFAIK), which seems tailor made for this kind of light. The L0D has only so far come out in Rebel 80 for mass production (a few special made Rebel 100's did exist) and in a Q4 version.

One other comment I had: apparently this would be excellent to use with hi-powered rechargeables. But, when comparing it with the L0D Q4, the Fenix does seem to have the advantage of providing ALL of its modes on ONE type of battery. The Avenger would need a change in batteries to make all modes available.

In particular, you'd need the Li-Ions to make the top/turbo mode available, and then you'd lose the lowest mode. In that sense, it is not quite as versatile as the Fenix.

But still, it's great to be getting more options in the 1xAAA "keychain" EDC formfactor, so far it's been mainly Fenix in terms of the latest LEDs, with the Arc-AAA staying so far with the 5mm Nichias.

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
Looks nice, clearly they've been listening to the consumer. I'd rather see it with a smooth reflector for increased throw, but it looks like a well thought out light.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since getting an LF2 I have been looking at AAA lights so I pulled the trigger to check this one out. I have read pretty good things about Lumapower so I thought why not try it. Hope it pans out.

greenstuffs

Banned
Looks nice but i will have to pass because of the price, all the chinese lights now are getting pretty expensive. Its pretty much the norm to pay $60 now for a light. Soon enough they will charge $100 i mean there are better alternatives out there for the coin they are asking.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice but i will have to pass because of the price...

Looks like ~$43 with the candlepower discount. Not a bad price if it performs really well. If not, there's a lot of other good flashlights needing a home out there.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have ordered it because I trust Lumapower. This will be my fifth Luma light and I have been quite happy with all of them.:)

Gatsby

Enlightened
Neat looking light - I hope it can be easily attached to a key ring but it does not look like it is intended for that purpose....

83Venture

Enlightened
Seems about the same price as a LF2. Not as many options or adjustability but you get two tail sections, 1 twist 1 clickie. Also has a removable pocket clip.

Glow in the dark lens and tail switch like the M3, which I like. Output options seem to depend on what battery you are feeding it. It's good to see so many AAA choices coming to market.

liquidsix

Enlightened
Looks pretty,

There doesn't seem to be a spot for a keyring though. How does the mode switching work? Does it depend on how tight the bezel is? Does it start on high or low or does it have memory (for two modes??)?

sawlight

Enlightened
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM............................. Might have to pull the trigger on this one!!!

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i guess nobody has one yet to compare to the fenix l0d.
probably can't be as bright right?

or more efficent (lumens vs runtime on any mode, any battery) cause fenix is very reputable in that department