Aspheric Mag, one more!

gua_rana

Newly Enlightened
As we all know, reasonably priced 52mm aspheric lenses are hard to find. I didn't want to pay 50 euros for a coated aspheric lens and I solved the problem my way. I bought a 55mm F38.5mm lens from Surplusshed (PL1014) and I made a bezel to house the lens. The light engine is a Cree XR-E Q5 driven by GD1500.

whitelaser1.jpg

whitelaser2.jpg

whitelaser4.jpg

SSC P4 modded Gladius on left. The lights are 190cm off the wall.
1/1600s F3.5
whitelaser3.jpg

beetleguise

Enlightened
Could you post some more pics showing the bezel better? I would really like to see what you did. Can you focus the diode on objects really far away? I rigged mine up to focus at 10ft to about 1000!
Looks great!
Edit*** I just looked again and now the bezel picture loaded. Nevermind!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the 55mm has more throw and focuses better than the 52mm, if so, have you tought of making and selling some bezels?

AlexGT

gua_rana

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the 55mm has more throw and focuses better than the 52mm, if so, have you tought of making and selling some bezels?

AlexGT
I somehow predicted that question :D. Sorry, I have no time to make more bezels. I made the bezel at the school with manual machines.

I have no lux meter to measure the throw. Maybe I'll get somewhere outside the city during christmas holiday so I could take long distance beamshots.