E2e / E2E ???

greenLED

Flashaholic
The last letter in "E2E" is capitalized? :nana:

Seriously, there's no difference, and you'll see it written "e2e" too. For some reason I've never seen it as "e2E". There's also the e2d, e2o, e2l (that's an "L" at the end), to describe the defender, the outdoorsman, and the LED version, respectively, of the "e2x" series ("x" meaning any of the 2 cell executive series lights).

'zat enough e2_'s for you? :D

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last letter in "E2E" is capitalized? :nana:

Seriously, there's no difference, and you'll see it written "e2e" too. For some reason I've never seen it as "e2E". There's also the e2d, e2o, e2l (that's an "L" at the end), to describe the defender, the outdoorsman, and the LED version, respectively, of the "e2x" series ("x" meaning any of the 2 cell executive series lights).

'zat enough e2_'s for you? :D

well put

Size15's

Flashaholic
"e2x" series ("x" meaning any of the 2 cell executive series lights).
I can't recall having seen "e2x series" used. It's not an official or even semi-official term.

I would use the term "E-Series" and if I had to exclude the single-SF123A models, I would tend to avoid using the term "E2x" using "6V E-Series" or two-SF123A E-Series" instead.

If anything, the E2X is used to refer to the SureFire ICE light, more specifically I'd use E2X to refer to an E2e with X200A bezel.

As for capitalisation of the "e for Elite"...
I prefer E1e/E2e, which is historic although as with E2D, either can be used. Capitals is the method SureFire now use, mostly.

I preferred E2o and prefer E2L for clarity.

I would never lower-case the first letter. That's lazy.
There is no "-" dash between the first letter(s) and the number. 'E-2', 'KX-2' are wrong. Dash after the model number to separate the surface finish andLED colour code 'E2e-HA', 'A2-HA-BL'

Al

greenLED

Flashaholic
I can't recall having seen "e2x series" used. It's not an official or even semi-official term.
You're right, it's not a SF-recognized name. That was my shorthand way of explaining things in my post.

I use "x" sometimes, just like I refer to some Fenix lights as LxD (for L1D, L2D), or L1x (for L1P, L1P), etc.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
My God, but we CPF'ers are a fun and interesting bunch. :)
We're also flashlight geeks; preferring "Flashaholic" as a more affectionate term.

Flashlight model numbers and terminology is dreadfully complicated. From my perspective I try to be as accurate, precise and consistent as possible when discussing SureFires. This means where standardised terminology is in place, I feel it should be communicated and reinforced if it is still valid.

Al

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al, what is the SureFire ICE light you mentioned? I couldn't find any info on it :confused:

I have always written in as E2e.

Regards,
Tempest

Size15's

Flashaholic
Al, what is the SureFire ICE light you mentioned? I couldn't find any info on it :confused:
The ICE is one of SureFire's many products not released to the public.
It was specially created for ICE.
If you search hard enough you'll find photos of it. There has been some mention of it on CPF before.
:naughty: