E1e clip

strideredc

Enlightened
does anyone know where you can get a replacment plastic insert (goes in-between the clip and the body) for the E1e?

its ok at the moment but i think it will make it less waterproof as theres no pressure against the o ring?

any ideas???:shrug:

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
My suggestion would be to call or email Surefire Customer support...

Usually spare parts best come from them, many times they will supply them at no charge, sometimes a minimimal fee (usually if it's not the original part)

I know of people who have bought different clips from them, but if it's the retainer, I bet they will just send you one free...

strideredc

Enlightened
My suggestion would be to call or email Surefire Customer support...

Usually spare parts best come from them, many times they will supply them at no charge, sometimes a minimimal fee (usually if it's not the original part)

I know of people who have bought different clips from them, but if it's the retainer, I bet they will just send you one free...

thanks, i did but got no response at all! i will try again with my work email... i have heard that there CS is fantastic, not for me so far:sigh:

i will give it a few days and see what happens...

anyone else had no response to emails?

m

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
That seems a bit long, but I have had them take easily 3-5days to respond to an email before. I'm not sure if calling them gets any faster response, as I'm sure the wait on hold could be quite lengthy... however you might get an actual answer the day you call too...

I would imagine they might be a bit busier this time of year as well, likely many more people than usual calling to place orders, and likely a large number of people wanting replacement bezels for thier G2Led (I've been waiting on mine to show up for over a week now, and I'm one state away from them)

I don' think I've ever heard of them not responding.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found that calling them is the best way to go. When I needed a long E2e clip, I emailed them and asked how much. The response was $5ish and I would need to order by phone. So I called and when the customer service woman heard that I needed a clip, she first asked if the old one broke...(no, I just wanted a long clip instead of a short one)...and then she said she'll just send one out free of charge. :) I got it via UPS three days later. :D

CrazyCarl

Newly Enlightened
I second the calling suggestion. I called them twice. They answer quickly, and they actually know things about their own products, something I have not found to be common when asking a manufacturer for help.

strideredc

Enlightened
Thanks for the advice,

I am in the process of moving house at the moment and have no landline and my company mobile is blocked for international calls (I am in the uk). I cant really be bothered to find and use a public phone box (if you can find one that's not vandalised)!

Surely if you have email support then it should work? Or don't offer it? I have never had any problems with companies replying to emails before (flashlight related).

Apart from the retainer I need a clip for a C3 that broke, 'if you break it we will fix it' not if you don't answer emails you wont!!!

So far not impressed…will keep trying………………..:candle:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a similar experience too. Sent emails and Surefire did reply and say the part was coming but it never did arrive. Best to call and speak to somebody if you can. I agree with you strider as I needed a bezel for my Propoly 4aa Luxeon and it was all done via email. I also had a Rotozip tool with problems and Bosch sent me a brand new one, all by email. Maybe it's against Surefires policy I don't know, I have a number of their lights so I'm not bashing them I just can't say.

Last edited:

strideredc

Enlightened
Yes we do live now in 'modern times' with email and it's defiantly not against surefires policy or they wouldn't give you a warranty repair email address!

I am not bashing there products, just there so called legendry customer service!

Does anyone know the md's name or better still the finance director's name? (FD's have a more boring inbox in general) I think I will have to do this the really old fashioned way and write a letter…

Will keep you posted (no pun intended)

strideredc

Enlightened
i got a reply just now on my work email:twothumbs

looked like one of those 'robotic generic' answers :(

they said they would ship the parts to me, lets wait and see...:candle::candle::candle:

strideredc

Enlightened
Will as you can see surefire said they were going to ship the parts to me ''now'' that was on the 18th of December.:grin2:

Surprise surprise…nothing! So much for the ''world class customer service'':mecry:

I have sent another email to them to see what was happening, I will live in hope…:candle:

There was something about the last email that I just didn't believe…:shakehead

This isn't a jeer just a real life experience with there customer service.:poke:

Dear Sir,

We are processing an order for replacement parts for you now. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world class customer service.
SureFire Technical Support1(800)828-8809 Toll Free(714)545-9444(714)545-9537 Fax