• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aleph Mules vs. Ti Mules: Noticeable difference with output due to PET disc?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those lucky few who may own a Ti Mule and the Aleph Mule, I was wondering if there is any noticeable differences in output or beam characteristics that may be due to the PET disc.

I would assume that the net increase in forward lumens would increase, but not enough to be noticeable to the naked eye. But perhaps the beam characteristics do alter? :thinking:

That said, does anyone know if the PET discs may be made available for us Ti Mule owners? Or discs of other material (I'd love a carbon fiber disc...). My mule looks a little naked ;) . I do enjoy admiring the clean soldering, and the naked internals do create a unique high-tech yet minimalistic look. But there is something almost (note I said "almost") voyeuristic about it. :rolleyes::naughty::laughing:

:popcorn:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those lucky few who may own a Ti Mule and the Aleph Mule, I was wondering if there is any noticeable differences in output or beam characteristics that may be due to the PET disc.

I would assume that the net increase in forward lumens would increase, but not enough to be noticeable to the naked eye. But perhaps the beam characteristics do alter? :thinking:

That said, does anyone know if the PET discs may be made available for us Ti Mule owners? Or discs of other material (I'd love a carbon fiber disc...). My mule looks a little naked ;) . I do enjoy admiring the clean soldering, and the naked internals do create a unique high-tech yet minimalistic look. But there is something almost (note I said "almost") voyeuristic about it. :rolleyes::naughty::laughing:

:popcorn:

I could probably make a carbon fiber disc for you, but I will need a Cree to help with a mold for cleanance. Anyone have a DEAD CREE they want to donate?

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
4" of snow man! That is a blizzard 'round here! ;) No bread or milk left on the store shelves...

So in between all of my meetings (working from home) I'm now unnaturally focused on my Ti Mule.

All work and no play makes Jim a dull boy

:sigh::D

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Wayne laser cut the MCPET disks that are used in the Aleph Mule heads and they are retained in place by being sandwiched between the LE and the bulkhead it seats against. These disks are too small in OD to cover the larger MCPCB used in the Ti mules and you would need some means of retension.

Since the disk is essentialy behind the LED die, it will only reflect light which hits the window and bounces back into the interior. I haven't tested one of thee lights with and without the MCPET disk but would expect a nominal increase in light measured but doubt one could detect this increase with the bare eye. :shrug:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could probably make a carbon fiber disc for you, but I will need a Cree to help with a mold for cleanance. Anyone have a DEAD CREE they want to donate?

Well hey, if I sent you the mcpet disk out of my aleph mule, that would work right? At least for us A-Mule users....You mentioned carbon fiber and I started to drool.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't need your disc....thanks though. I took the Light Engine out and I think it will be no problem to do a run of these. I'd offer them at $4-5 each shipped. I'll update as they come together. Shoot me a PM if interested.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I used the last little scrap of carbon fiber I could find. I should have started with a smaller drill bit:green:....oh well. you get the idea. The emitter hole will obviously be more precise.

So heres what it will kinda look like. There will be more epoxy and the emitter hole will fit better.:twothumbs
I also have another weave that I will offer.

EBAYSHIT429.jpg

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr.McGizmo, you will be receiving a few of these for such a nice light! I really like this little guy. The clip bite is so nice and tight onto my pocket...helping to ensure the worst case doesn't happen.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I used the last little scrap of carbon fiber I could find. I should have started with a smaller drill bit:green:....oh well. you get the idea. The emitter hole will obviously be more precise.

So heres what it will kinda look like. There will be more epoxy and the emitter hole will fit better.:twothumbs
I also have another weave that I will offer.

EBAYSHIT429.jpg
Please let me know if you do make a few, as I'll probably take one of each weave. Awesome!!!!:thumbsup::twothumbs