SL twin task hotwire?

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking through Fireant's post yesterday and started thinking that the 3c SL Uv twin task was a pretty cool little light, Has anyone hotwired one of these while retaining the UV leds? I was thinking aw c cell li ion would be cool. might fry the leds though?

litho123

Enlightened
The bulb can be upgraded with the Carley 1122 bulb. It is brighter, but also yellower in color temp. Also, the heat from this lamp is starting to ripple the lens on my 2C.

Using AW's Li-Ion C would allow for a cut down body. Hmmm.... that would be pretty handy!

litho123

Enlightened
The reflector is plastic too. The reflector looks OK.

The lens has more of a slight dimple when the light hits it just right. It looks like it will take a long while before it will become bad enough to be replaced.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reflector is plastic too. The reflector looks OK.

The lens has more of a slight dimple when the light hits it just right. It looks like it will take a long while before it will become bad enough to be replaced.

Shoot, I was thinking maybe a twin-task 85, lens could be easy to replace with glass, the reflector however is a lot of work.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
The lens on the TT -3C is a PITA to remove, and both the reflector and lens are plastic. Another problem is that the lamp socket is a large clump of plastic ( I some what killed my twintask and am attempting to put it back to gether). So I think the lamp socket may melt if you run a high output lamp in it for a long period of time.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
shoot, the tt85uv is never going to happen, I was thinking about getting a metal reflector from a similar sized model and drilling holes in it. But the plastic bulb holder pretty much kills it.

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
yeah, these things aren't much good for modding, best I could make work was to drop a 7.2V KD mystery bipin in a tt2L. makes for a brighter wall of light effect and allows use of rechargeables. the leds don't seem to mind the overdrive. handy little light (still definitely sub 100lumens though).

BTW, this doesn't work with the TT 2L nightcom as there seems to be boatloads of resistance in the switch system (allows use of 3v rechargeable li-ions like the tenergys though)

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shoot It would be nice not to carry 3 or 4 lights to work, alas, the dream is dead.

Akita

Newly Enlightened
Now that you mention it...I am thinking along the same lines.

I have a SL TwinTask 2L that is an anemic POS compared to cheapo lights costing 1/4 of what these things sell for even at deep discounts.

Nice light with a blistering 4 feet of throw.

It seems SL prices their products at $10.00 per foot of throw if the 2L is any indication of their current R&D philosophy.

I haven't modded a SL TT 2L yet,but it's in the cards for sure.

:eek::eek::eek:

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I figure the best indicator of this light's lack of mod-ability was when Fivemega sold off a bunch of like new ones a couple months back. I figure he got them, tried to figure out something to make em cool and gave up the ghost. If FM couldn't mod em, well....