Cabela's 500Lumen XPG Li-Ion rechargeable a good light? (LED guy here)

tekguy

Newly Enlightened
If it's really 500 lumens with the full recharger and Li-Ion battery for $79 I'm out the door. But I'm an LED guy and have no finger on the incandescent market. I searched, but could only find references to a light from a couple years ago. Anyone recognize it??

ya i recognise it
i think its compatable with surefire parts
i say get it ( then post lots of pics and beamshots) so i can decide if i want to buy one:twothumbs

medicmerlynn

Newly Enlightened
glad someone else ran across this... i was at the Cabela's in Buda just the other day... that's in TX for those curious... and i saw this... the guy compared it to the M6... was skinnier... rechargeable... and has a runtime of 45 mins!! (according to the guy working there... who actually seemed pretty knowledgeable about lights) ... anyway, i've been trying to find a review on it here on CPF and this is the first time i've heard anything about it... any info would be great.... oh, and just so everyone will know... i bought a Coast DigiTac II there.... i know i know... a coast... but i bought the light to keep as an emergency only light... i would have bought a fenix, but if i did, i would actually want a light of that quality to get used on a daily basis.... hope you can feel me on that one! :)

lumenal

Enlightened
I looked at this light today while at Cabelas.

Not sure if its worth the special $79 price, though.

Nobody on duty seemed to know how much replacement bulbs were, and where they might be.

Being xenon, sooner or later, they're gonna blow. :poof:

Anybody pick one up yet?

mdocod

Flashaholic
Pretty sure it's an R500 re-badge of sorts.... so one of the bulbs for the "China500" series will probably fit it.