The sandpaper tail-cap rape (romisen RC-G2, deree CL1H) pics should work

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
Mods: This might not be the right section to post this, of course feel free to move thread.

I wanted my switches to protrude more making them easier to use especially when wearing gloves. So I sanded them tail-caps right down! These are the results.

original tail
rc-g2-tail.JPG

I put an o-ring to fit between the rubber switch and the tail-cap to make it stick out less. Don't need ½CM of switch!
rc-g2_tail_o-ring.JPG

I then sanded down the rim with holes for lanyard.
rc-g2_tail_sanded.JPG

Since I used an o-ring to move the switch down slightly I also had to sand down the battery tube a few mm or there would have been a gap between the tail-cap and body. This would not have been necassary if I had left the switch as it was.

The results:
rc-g2_tail_finished.JPG

Same thing on CL1H:
cl1h_tail_modded.JPG

Now these lights suit me better. I don't care much about tailstand anyway. I quite often use lights as candles but I always find something to lean them against.

Cheers for looking!

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The sandpaper tail-cap rape (romisen RC-G2, deree CL1H)

All I see are red X's, no pics.
How about you guys?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Not even red x. No pics whatsoever.

I wish to mod the back of my MTE 1AA as it can be a very difficult light to activate. Won't be all that hard to do, just got to get around to it!

IdahoDoug

Newly Enlightened

No pictures - just blue squares with ? in them.

DougM

Hesperus

Newly Enlightened

I can't see them either, but they're here.

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened

65535: Thanks.

Sorry about the pics not working properly, I see them fine. I'm trying googles picasa webbalbum thing for the first time, I'll see if I can figure the problem out.

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened

Pics should work fine now

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
Essexman: Cheers

I only wish the actual switch on the CL1H could be shortened. That would mean I could sand the tailcap down 4mm more or so making the torch shorter. There is currently a plastic spacer between the switch and end of tailcap because the switch is so looooong. With a shorter switch I could ditch the spacer and sand down the same length of tailcap. CL1H comes with a spare switch, maybe I'll give it a try. Perhaps I'll check with Alan at deree if I can buy a new tailcap should I **** up! First gen. CL1H is considerably shorter than the newer models.

MrMom

Enlightened
Looks much better now. Works better too.

I wonder why many manufactures still don't get it??? Perhaps they still listen to the tail stand whine. Hmmmm, Surefire got it. Real world use research paid off for them.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I did a similar "mod" to my MTE SSC light. But it turned out that the clickie was flaky, so it is a front twisty light at this time.

Only other light I have right now with body around the switch is the River Rock 1AA. That clickie is MUCH nicer!