Fenix L2D alternatives?

milese

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Fenix L2D Q5 torch, and am very impressed with it, in terms of run time, brightness and size.

I use it on my mountain bike.

I now want two more, but wondered if there was anything pretty much as good but cheaper out there?

I've looked on deal extreme, but they dont seem to have much that use AA batteries and they dont quote run times and lumens.

I'm after lights that use 2 x AA batteries, are bright and have at least 2 hours odd of run time.

Any recommendations would be good. I'm in the UK but am happy to order from the US, Hong Kong etc.

Thanks to all in advance.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not aware of anyone that has as nice an electronics package as the Fenix. I think you're best bet would be the Fenix Seconds thread over in the Dealers forum. Lots of good deals there.

Zenster

Enlightened
You have probably seen how popular the L2D is here among the flashlight addicts here at CPF (both the Q5 and Rebel version). There's a reason for that.

The product that always sells the best in it's class is the one that offers the highest value. Not the highest quality, or the lowest cost, but the highest quality FOR the lowest cost, and that's what makes it the highest value.
For a while now, that would be the L2D.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just get another L2D.
;)

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have probably seen how popular the L2D is here among the flashlight addicts here at CPF (both the Q5 and Rebel version). There's a reason for that.

The product that always sells the best in it's class is the one that offers the highest value. Not the highest quality, or the lowest cost, but the highest quality FOR the lowest cost, and that's what makes it the highest value.

;)

Totally agreed! :twothumbs

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast

;)

Yes, very well said. :thumbsup:

fivefive

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Fenix L2D Q5 torch, and am very impressed with it, in terms of run time, brightness and size.

I use it on my mountain bike.

I now want two more, but wondered if there was anything pretty much as good but cheaper out there?

I've looked on deal extreme, but they dont seem to have much that use AA batteries and they dont quote run times and lumens.

I'm after lights that use 2 x AA batteries, are bright and have at least 2 hours odd of run time.

Any recommendations would be good. I'm in the UK but am happy to order from the US, Hong Kong etc.

Thanks to all in advance.

hi , just wondering where did u get your Q5 from please?? thanks

milese

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the advice. I've ordered a second L2D with an orange peel reflector.

I got it from here:

http://www.thephotonshop.co.uk/page13.htm

They are cheaper from the US, but obviously you've got a big wait and risk customs issues.

The seller will give you a free Fenix KM5 lock knife if you mention STW (single track world) when you order!